Resource icon

Other New Automobilista Skies 2017-05-11

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dethrone1427 submitted a new resource:

New Automobilista Skies - A collection of new skies for AMS

A 45+ collection of skies that i have edited and created to add a bit of variety to AMS. The majority of the skies have been created by combining skysets used from Rfactor thus creating new and different skies.

To install, just copy and place the files (SKY00,SKY01,SKY02,SKY03,SKY04) from any of the sets in the zip file into the track directory you wish to give new skies to. Then run the game, the new skies should then be implemented.

Enjoy!!

Read more about this resource...

These are lovely sky textures but unfortunately I don't believe they are compatible with Reizas new dynamic SRPL skyboxes. If I'm not mistaken the new skybox uses a texture called "ATMOSPHERE.TGA" as the main color and overlays a cloud texture in the form of a cube map located in the "ReizaCommon" folder.

These are lovely sky textures but unfortunately I don't believe they are compatible with Reizas new dynamic SRPL skyboxes. If I'm not mistaken the new skybox uses a texture called "ATMOSPHERE.TGA" as the main color and overlays a cloud texture in the form of a cube map located in the "ReizaCommon" folder.
You're precisely right, the majority of tracks I use are tracks converted over from rfactor, these work with those tracks. I believe maybe with a bit of editing of the scn file and removing the clouds section may remove Reiza clouds mas file listed, then if you insert a sky set from the zip file I provided into the tracks directory, theoretically the track should default over to the sky files placed into the track directory...Theoretically

Do you have any information on how it works? Or what we need to do to use the new reiza method?

Do you have any information on how it works? Or what we need to do to use the new reiza method?

The cloud maps are generated from a cube map called SRPL_CIRRUS_CUBE.DDS. This is located in the cloud MAS files in the ReizaCommon folder.

You can make your own clouds, but it's not easy since they're mapped to a cube map texture. You need to make a seamless cloud texture that is 5 times the width of the cube map, then slice it into 5 equal sized squares and place them in the correct order and rotation on the different sides of the cube map. The sixth side is the ground, which doesn't show in-game. You also need to to make an alpha layer for where you want the sky to show through the clouds.

It's not too difficult if you start with one of Reiza's cloud cube maps as a base, it's just the lining up that can be frustrating.

Of course there may be, and probably is, an easier way to do all this but I'm self taught and only use Photoshop and 3DSimEd so I know nothing about 3DSMax or anything like that.

If I have some time this week I can put together a tutorial for anyone who is interested enough.

The cloud maps are generated from a cube map called SRPL_CIRRUS_CUBE.DDS. This is located in the cloud MAS files in the ReizaCommon folder.

You can make your own clouds, but it's not easy since they're mapped to a cube map texture. You need to make a seamless cloud texture that is 5 times the width of the cube map, then slice it into 5 equal sized squares and place them in the correct order and rotation on the different sides of the cube map. The sixth side is the ground, which doesn't show in-game. You also need to to make an alpha layer for where you want the sky to show through the clouds.

It's not too difficult if you start with one of Reiza's cloud cube maps as a base, it's just the lining up that can be frustrating.

Of course there may be, and probably is, an easier way to do all this but I'm self taught and only use Photoshop and 3DSimEd so I know nothing about 3DSMax or anything like that.

If I have some time this week I can put together a tutorial for anyone who is interested enough.
Well that sounds like someone who knows very much what they are doing. If you get the time to do that I would be eternaly grateful. Take you time though. No rush :)

Yes a tutorial would be much appreciated, a video is not necessary but just explaining how to make these work in more detail will be enough. because I have just downloaded these beautiful skies without knowing how to use them and I really want to use them! lol Reiza should definitely implement change of skies/weather in game.

Thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back