New Automobilista owner

I bought AMS this weekend in an impuls, after reading much good about it.
I am relatively new to sim-racing: I have been doing it for about 6 months, in RD with R3E, where I drive around with the slow 25%, and having a lot of fun.

I have noticed that AMS is harder to drive than R3E even when not trying to go to the limit - I have been practising a bit with the formula Vee and there is nothing in R3E that compares to this experience. So I was wondering about racing online with RD in AMS: are those races suitable for a novice driver, or is the whole field very competitive, so I would only be a burden and a danger, with nobody to fight with in the back?

Hey man,

I have only raced one event in the Vees so far, but the people who drive them in the scheduled races also race Formula 3, Boxers, etc, so I can safely say that the grid is (on average) comprised of one or two aliens, a couple of close followers, a relatively wide mid-pack and some guys who aren't so quick, and/or spin out a couple of times. No worries, I was also very afraid before my first sign-up for the very same reason, but the regulars in AMS races are all very nice guys. Shenanigans happen, but there's never a really big fuss. I recommend you be no stranger to racing etiquette, aside from that it's all about fun and respect. Good times ;)

Lol its funny, I feel quite comfortable in the V's but I'm terrible in the 3s lol

You'll go fine mate, I've raced with you in r3e and you will have no problems in AMS.

If they start hosting mini races again after the league is over I'd highly recommend them as well, probably the most fun I've had in online racing.

The Brazilian stock cars are excellent as well, and very stable to drive (sometimes just need a bit of softening of the rear arb)

So yeah sign up and have fun :)

I love driving the Vee but they are not one of the easier cars to learn in AMS. If you want to stick with single seaters then personally I think the F3 is easier as you don't have the pendulum weight shifting behind you. Others cars to try are the Opalas
which are slow and easy to learn, the Brazilian Stock Cars which are stable and catchable and the Marcas if you like FWD.

If you want to learn something about weight transfer, stick with the Vees :)

To stay in the safezone i suggest the Marcas, Lancers, Minis and StockV8s.
Once they get released you absolutely have to check out the Copa Monata.
Powerful trucks that don't try to kill you, so much fun.

for the vee its generally better to not go below 3rd gear and shift down form 4th quite late, or the rears will lock up. also be on the power early so to counter the off throttle oversteer

Just bought AMS myself last night, having mainly been playing R3E and a little AC before - am impressed so far, it's a joy to drive the cars and the graphics, which were my main concern before purchase, I've found to be much better than expected, at least for the for the cars, once I made the suitable tweaks. I look forward to spending more time with it and those British tracks on the way I'm quite excited about now.

Just bought AMS myself last night, having mainly been playing R3E and a little AC before - am impressed so far, it's a joy to drive the cars and the graphics, which were my main concern before purchase, I've found to be much better than expected, at least for the for the cars, once I made the suitable tweaks. I look forward to spending more time with it and those British tracks on the way I'm quite excited about now.
Don't forget to download all Patrick's tracks. ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%