Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Brit Pack DLC 6.jpg

Reiza Studios have revealed several new images from the slightly delayed upcoming 'Brit Pack' DLC, the first paid DLC due to be released following Version One update of the new Automobilista Motorsports Simulator title by the talented Brazilian studio.

As with all content additions to the sim, the 'Brit Pack' DLC looks to contain some highly detailed new tracks and vehicles, already available to play in the Beta addition of the title and receiving rave reviews from players.

The 'Brit Pack' is the first of 5 DLC packages due to come to Automobilista, bringing in total 15 new pieces of content, from new cars and series to some of the most impressive circuits in both modern and historic configurations.

Additional to the new DLC offering, Automobilista will also receive an update to version 1.1, with more details regarding the updates and fixes to the game due to be released at a later date.

The 'Brit Pack' DLC will contain three classic British race circuits and four British club racing vehicles:

Tracks
  • Brands Hatch
  • Cadwell Park
  • Oulton Park
Cars
  • Ultima GTR (road & race spec)
  • MCR Sports 2000
  • Caterham (several models)
  • Formula Trainer (semi-fictional wingless trainer car like Formula Ford)

The 'Brit Pack' DLC will be free to Reiza DLC Season Pass holders and Early Access Crowdfunding contributors. The pack can be purchased via Steam on Friday 30th September.

AMS Brit Pack DLC 3.jpg

The Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the best place to read the latest news, discuss the game with fellow fans, download awesome mods and of course have a great time in our many club and league racing events. Check it out today.

AMS Brit Pack DLC 1.jpg AMS Brit Pack DLC 2.jpg AMS Brit Pack DLC 4.jpg AMS Brit Pack DLC 5.jpg AMS Brit Pack DLC 7.jpg

Will you be getting the Brit Pack DLC on its release? How are you enjoying Automobilista at the moment? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
2:08 Silverstone GP

Man, that is FAST!
The Blancpain 2016 times was around 2:00 and 2:01! Impressive!
http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/results?filter_season_id=6&filter_meeting_id=64

Porsche Carrera Cup GB 2016 did it in 2:06! (we can compare it with Boxer Cup :) )
http://www.porsche.com/uk/motorsportandevents/porschecarreracupgreatbritain/silverstone-gp/

I thought that would be some slow-car series, but these times you have post made up my mind.
Now this MCR will be my first testt run in the Brit Pack :)

Last edited:
When I see a Brazilian company making quality stuff, WE FELLOW COUNTRYMEN MUST STAND ASIDE OUR POLITICAL DIFFERENCES (city elections is Sunday, that's why hehehe) and we must support who needs our support the most.

Got my salary. Should be buying this ASAP. Can't wait to drive the cars on it, though I haven't touched this game properly in a long time.

And Patrick, get that track done ASAP, boy! :p

Man, that is FAST!
The Blancpain 2016 times was around 2:00 and 2:01! Impressive!
http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/results?filter_season_id=6&filter_meeting_id=64

Porsche Carrera Cup GB 2016 did it in 2:06! (we can compare it with Boxer Cup :) )
http://www.porsche.com/uk/motorsportandevents/porschecarreracupgreatbritain/silverstone-gp/

I thought that would be some slow-car series, but these times you have post made up my mind.
Now this MCR will be my first testt run in the Brit Pack :)

At Snetterton 300 this season we were about 1 second quicker than BTCC that ran a few weeks earlier. That weekend we were on the same bill as the British GT Championship - were again about 1-2 seconds quicker than the GT4 cars, and not far at all from the GT3 pack. The cars are properly fast and the running costs a fraction of other series, plus grids always 30 +

As an example on running costs, I unfortunately blew my engine up at Snet, which if it happened to my bosses F3 Cup car would be a £20-25k + job. For my car, you buy a crate engine from Ford (2 grand), bolt on the throttle bodies, manifold, dry sump and race ECU.. and that's that. No more mods allowed.

Looks a LOT of fun indeed. Best car of pack for me, based on the videos. But I do want to try the Ultima GTR race version. Could it be the fastest not-formula car of AMS original content?
I doubt it's gonna be faster than metalmoro, but I haven't tried it in beta. I imagine if the track had a lot of straights then yes, but if it's very downforce focused then metalmoro should be quicker. its pure speculation from me, but I can imagine MCR being faster in some scenarios too.

Hello guys. Just to remind You I And The team Will try to bring one more track to this excellent Brit pack. Snetterton from lasercutter. We Have added with Gringo The Snetterton 200 to It. ;)
Will be released when The Brit pack Will come. 2 layouts, two seasons, AO, new road mesh with 4x more polys to Have smooth curves And lines, new cams, new textures, etc...
Sans_titre-1.2016929131616.jpg

Sans_titre-2.2016929131947.jpg
I am a big fan of your work Mr Giranthon, very consistent looking style like a true artist and especially like your Autumn seasons on some tracks....very well done indeed and thanks to you and your team for your big effort in bringing these tracks to a great Sim like Automobilista

Reiza where's the achievements?

From the September development update

"A not so positive note is that Steam Achievements unfortunately will not quite make it in yet in v1.1; we´re not far away from finalising these but unfortunately developing the system & protection for the new content has kept @Luis Miguel busy for longer than we anticipated after v1.0 release."

Automobilista - September Development Update
1 October - Thizequiel
Greetings folks :) Here´s our customary review of the work done in Automobilista development over the past month. We´ve been hard at it, both in the development of v1.1 update as well as production of the Brit Pack, both of which are expected for release at some point next week.

V1.1 Development

The major new feature for AMS v1.1 is the inclusion of Radio Spotter as developed by @gongo . This had been a very popular addition to the sim and now with native integration Dan has been able to take it a step further with more info and better accuracy from your race engineer.

Dan has also been doing some work to improve integration with the new Logitech drivers - v1.1 should hopefully see some proper support for their latest G29 / G920 wheels.

On the graphics front, @Alex Sawczuk and @sandro Kholodkevich have done some great work on new car shaders and materials. Below is a shot of the flashy Ultima GTR featuring these latest developments:
ams_bh_ultima5-jpg.896

We also introduced a new AO mapping technique with seamless textures, which result in both optimized use of textures as well as improved cockpit details. The improvements are very noticeable on the new cars as you can see in this tasty cockpit from the Ultima GTR Race version:
ams_op_ultima-jpg.892

Further good news is that performance not only has not been affected by these updates, but rather the continuing optimization work has led to some more previously troublesome cars to be now running smoother than ever in pretty much any respectable system (so long as you keep to the designated car count limit).

A not so positive note is that Steam Achievements unfortunately will not quite make it in yet in v1.1; we´re not far away from finalising these but unfortunately developing the system & protection for the new content has kept @Luis Miguel busy for longer than we anticipated after v1.0 release.

Brit Pack

The core focus this past month has of course been finalizing the contents of the Brit Pack, our first DLC pack for Automobilista.

This is actually a significant release for us and for those who have been with us for a while now as the Brit Pack will be the first time we´ll be charging long-time users for a new release since Game Stock Car 2013 came out back in September 2013! Fortunately we´re confident the Brit Pack (along with everything else that´s still to come for AMS) will justify that extra investment as the new content are some of the best stuff we have ever produced.

On the track front, as is known we´ll be adding 3 british classics with Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park and Oulton Park - these tracks were hand-picked due to their classic style and heritage and preserved natural flow which are so nicely suited for the rich british club racing scene we´re looking to sample in this pack. All tracks are officially licensed and extensively researched in loco (with the aid of laser scan data in the case of Brands and Oulton Park). They are also excellent venues to stretch the legs of other default cars, exception perhaps taking the more powerful cars around Cadwell unless you´re really looking for a test of reflexes and precision :D

The cars were produced in close collaboration with the manufacturers and we´ve also had input from several of their respective real world drivers during development - this is a claim we hear all the time of course to the point it has become a tired sim racing cliche, the proof as always will be in the pudding and we´re very satisfied with how these new cars have turned out :)

Beyond the data and the resulting accuracy of the models, fundamentally it all rides on the nature of what´s being simulated, and here is where we feel the Brit Pack will really shine - just glancing through some Youtube videos of these cars being driven on these tracks in anger should be enough to see the fun factor involved is off the charts :) These are all very different animals and tracks compared to the default content of AMS, and as such they add a whole new dimension to the sim. I´ll go out on a limb and say there will be at least one combo from this pack that will make towards the top of your list of favorite simracing experiences :)

Here are some fresh previes of the new content:

Ultima GTR (road & race version)
ams_bh_ultima3-jpg.891

F-Trainer (Novice & Advanced versions)
screenshot_branding_amsbrit_2-jpg.897

MCR Sports 2000
ams_cp_mcr2-jpg.895

Here you can see Niels taking the MCR out for a spin:
1.jpg

YouTube™ Video: Automobilista: MCR Sports 2000 preview
Views: 1,957
A real British car with a lot of real data provided to us by the guys. Its a super fun car that has a perfect mix of power, grip, aero, without it becoming too planted.

The Caterhams

To begin with, we´ll be offering the 270R (with a race variant for Academy series), the 360R (with Superlight Series), along with the mental road version of the 620R, as per the preview below:
ams_cat620r1-jpg.893

There will be more variants though along with some optionals which we aim to add along with a new upgrades interface - unfortunately this feature won´t make it in time for v1.1 but the upgrades menu along with more optionals are sure additions for v1.2 within a month or so from now. In any case we´ll supply options for both left and right side driving seats for these Caterhams (also for the Ultimas).
ams_cat620r2-jpg.894

All new tracks and series with the exception of the Caterhams are now available in fairly advanced state in AMS Beta which is now up to v1.0.8 so if you got the DLC Season Pass - if you haven´t grab it now and get on racing!

Future AMS DLCs

Of course, the Brit Pack is not the end of the road for upcoming AMS content - it is in fact just the beginning!

We have hinted before what´s coming down the road but haven´t quite gone into the specifics - in fact I can´t quite detail all the specifics for all DLC packs just yet, but for the sake of providing some relevant reference for those who have acquired or are considering buying the Season Pass, here are some preliminary info along with a few hints we can share to give you a better idea (please keep in mind the exact contents of each and the timelines may still be subject to some shuffling as we move forward):

October
Brit Pack

November:
Legendary Tracks Part 1: Imola (1972, 1988, 2001, 2016 versions)
New Series - TBA (hint: big and heavy)

December:
New series - TBA (hint: Classic content)

January 2017:
Legendary Tracks Part 2 - TBA (hint: it´s got a long historical variant)

February 2017:
Car pack from a major manufacturer - TBA (hint: it´s awesome)

March 2017:
Legendary Tracks Part 3 - TBA (hint: not a permanent road course)
Aussie Racing Car

As we progress we will naturally be detailing these packs further, but those will be topics for future dev updates - starting next month when I hope to be able to share some of the bigger things, both literally and figuratively :p

Keep in mind that as more stuff is confirmed, prices for both the Season Pass on Steam & Membership pack[forum.reizastudios.com] here are bound to receive another upgrade - the sooner you get onboard, the more value you´ll get for your buck.

Not forgetting that there are also a couple of free items still to be added to the base game, like Ibarra and a couple of dirt / mixed track courses before AMS development finally wraps at some point in Q1 2017.

Seriously, i don't know how those guys manage to put out so much content in so little time
while optimizing the engine, improving physics and graphics and implementing more features.

November or December should bring Formula Trucks, i'm so happy about that as i simply can't step back starting up F-Truck without all the improvements of AMS.
And January should bring us good old Hockenheim.

I have a life long hatred of seasons passes.But I cannot take the moral high ground any longer,iv'e just purchased this one.And after buying a GTX 970 last month and being told by the wife not to buy anything this month,i'm in deeeeep **it.Thank you Reiza for ending my marriage...

Reiza is the only developer out there i trust to not screw it up.
So although i usually bash people for buying season passes before knowing in detail what's coming, i would have bought it myself if i hadn't backed the campaign at a perk which even included their next title i know absolutely nothing of :)

We also introduced a new AO mapping technique with seamless textures, which result in both optimized use of textures as well as improved cockpit details. The improvements are very noticeable on the new cars as you can see in this tasty cockpit from the Ultima GTR Race version:
Dang...I thought that was as photograph from the real car for comparison...lol...very tasty indeed...now Reiza is cooking and bursting with exciting sweet goodies for the future as well...:D

Last edited:
I have a life long hatred of seasons passes.But I cannot take the moral high ground any longer,iv'e just purchased this one.And after buying a GTX 970 last month and being told by the wife not to buy anything this month,i'm in deeeeep **it.Thank you Reiza for ending my marriage...

For new hardware I usually go with "No that's not new it's been in the loft for ages" and for new software "I got it really cheap in a Humble Bundle."

Usually works. ;)

• Deleted member 217114

"New Series - TBA (hint: big and heavy)"

Just how I like my woman :inlove: First the caterham coming and soon the F-Trucks! Oh my gosh.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back