New Assetto Corsa Porsche Volume III DLC Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 3 DLC .jpg

Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulazioni has revealed several new preview images from the upcoming third Porsche DLC instalment for Assetto Corsa. The latest preview shows off models of the 917K, 911 GT3R and the 911 GT3 Cup machines.

Due to be released just before Christmas on the 20th December this year for PC gamers, Porsche Volume Three once again brings seven new vehicles as part of the third paid DLC package and an additional free Macan for players not wishing to purchase the DLC content.

Sadly console players of the game are still slightly behind schedule with the Porsche DLC packages, with only PS4 players having access to the Volume One release and Xbox One due to receive the update and DLC early next week. No details of when either volume two or three will be deployed to their respective console stores have yet to be announced.

Porsche Pack Volume Three Contents:
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2015
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
  • Porsche 908 LH
  • Porsche 917 K
  • Porsche 911 R
  • Free Car Porsche Macan
Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 3 DLC 5.jpg

Assetto Corsa is available to purchase for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now. Porsche Pack Volume 3 for PC is due for release December 20th, with console deployment to follow.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 3 DLC 2.jpg Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 3 DLC 3.jpg Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol. 3 DLC 4.jpg

Are you looking forward to the third Porsche DLC instalment for Assetto Corsa? Which car are you most looking forward to? What Porsche would you like to see added that isn't included in the three packs? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Am I confused by an existing track or is there a cheeky bonus track coming with the pack judging from the 908 pic... :confused:

Also these guys really need someone to take good screenshots, they rarely make their own game look good in them promo shots.

• Deleted member 130869

That helmet is way too big for that cockpit. Looking forward to 908 and especially 917K. We need proper tracks for those cars and the turbo/Group C machinery!

Three 911 GT3 variants, all similar. Meanwhile, no Carrera GT.

Well, at least we will finally get a 917K, which will more than justify the small price for the entire pack in my book. Now, if they can do the Ferrari 512S, we can, at last, simulate those last few minutes of the movie "Le Mans" :)

• Deleted member 130869

Yup. The 917K needs a play buddy or it will be left to linger with even less servers than the GT40 or the C9.

Three 911 GT3 variants, all similar. Meanwhile, no Carrera GT.

Well, at least we will finally get a 917K, which will more than justify the small price for the entire pack in my book. Now, if they can do the Ferrari 512S, we can, at last, simulate those last few minutes of the movie "Le Mans" :)

They actually are very very different cars... the only thing in common is the 911 GT3 in the name.

The GT3 cup car is based on the road chassis.
The GT3R is a full race car, built from the ground up, that have to look similar to the road car.
The RSR is a whole new game, mid engine, way more efficient aero...
I miss the Carrera GT too, though.. :D

They actually are very very different cars... the only thing in common is the 911 GT3 in the name.

The GT3 cup car is based on the road chassis.
The GT3R is a full race car, built from the ground up, that have to look similar to the road car.
The RSR is a whole new game, mid engine, way more efficient aero...
I miss the Carrera GT too, though.. :D
That's good info, thanks. Didn't realize the RSR was the brand new mid-engine one. That is pretty cool, and of course AC now has a lot of GT3 cars to race against one another (one of the things I really like about R3E btw).

I do wish AC would focus a bit on providing multiple cars within each class, because it's not that fun to race against identical cars IMHO. Sort of breaks the immersion for me. This having been said, I do clearly recall mid-80's IMSA was pretty much one 962 after another, the only difference being the liveries (with the occasional Lancia LC2 that ran great until it exploded lol).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%