New asphalt texture help

Hi all, Just a quick question about replacing textures in Assetto Corsa.

So I'm a huge fan of the V8 mod in the game and all the tracks that the community has made. I have recently started to replace textures in game at a basic level and its going okay.

But I was thinking about trying to replace the asphalt road texture from one of the V8 tracks to one like from Brands hatch or Austria track, much better quality.

Is it just about extracting the asphalt file dds and then replacing it?

Any help would be great

Thanks Richard

picture from V8 track I would like to replace with current graphic setup on my computer.

other pics are too big to upload

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_supercars_holden_zb_adelaide_2016_2-11-121-18-9-40.jpg
    Screenshot_supercars_holden_zb_adelaide_2016_2-11-121-18-9-40.jpg
    772 KB · Views: 55
other pics are too big to upload
I can't help with the rest of your question but this bit I can answer: PNG is not a good format for this kind of image - JPEG is the way to go, i.e. the same as the image you uploaded that wasn't too big
A 1920x1080 screenshot saved with a typical level of JPEG compression should upload OK to the forum.
(PNG is lossless, which is ideal for a screenful of text, but not so good for a rendered scene.)

It's extremely unlikely you'll be able to transfer road textures from one track to another - particularly if they were created by different people. The shaders and UVs will be incompatible.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.9%