ARCA Sim Racing

Wait, so I bought this about 2 months ago...and a new version is going to be released? Will the COT and Truck series be compatible with the current ARCA SimRacing? Because that's why I bought...

Their site doesn't inspire confidence. I'm not the worlds greatest at spelling and grammar but then I'm not running a web-site trying to sell my own racing sim product. The dig at iRacing is unprofessional in my opinion and if you can't sell your product on what it offers and you have to resort to not only saying bad things about a rival product but actually making up silly catagories and also spelling them incorrectly is pretty poor. They claim to be used by more professional's than any other sim yet their testimonials page is empty, they've been around long enough for it not be be 'under construction' so that to me looks poor. iRacing in contrast is spoken about by a wide variety of drivers in the media and testimonials on their site from the very top down to club racing level. Everything looks like its done on a shoe strign budget there. There's no polish and even their 'Techinical Support Forums' (more great spelling there) appear to be run from a basic looking PHP-Nuke external site not of their making. If they can't provide their own customer support should I be buying?

From my own experience i can say that TSF gives by far the best customer support out there. A personal approach with a high fix rate. Other developers can learn from that.The ARCA vs iRacing comparison seems not so smart to do but doesnt iracing do the same by claiming that they have the best oval simulation?I am more then happy with this new game announced, good for simracing!

I'm not sure how moving to an annual subscription base will " allow us to provide a far more intense and populated lobby of races". Surely this will depend on how many customers they can attract and how often and for how long the customers continue to race on-line. I don't see how adopting a subscription will boost the number of customers. Unless they intend to use some of the income to pay people to populate the lobby?

I think Bjorn hits the nail on the head. If you're going to pay to play online the chances are you're going to go with the one that looks professionally presented and not look like an rFactor mod and has glowing testimonials from real world drivers of all kinds of disciplines. I remember seeing quite a few unhappy customers being dealt with in an unprofessional manner at RSC by TSF reps before they picked up their ball and ran to another forum. Perhaps that has changed Bram if you say you've had a better experience. I've heard the number online are very low, anyone playing their first game online?

If I understand this correctly, you pay $54.99 a year and you get the new game and all updates as well for an entire year, right? That's great and all but why not just release the new game itself for $39.99 or $39.99 and then offer the addon's separately for $5 or something? $55 for a PC game is quite high in my opinion, especially considering consoles games cost that much these days. Just a suggestion/inner thought :) Again, so long as my current ARCA SimRacing gets the COT and Truck series update for free, I'm good to go. I'll upgrade to the new ARCA game next year probably.

Kevin Watts;467549 said:
they picked up their ball and ran to another forum

Wasn't that caused by the forum crash?

In the beginning there were indeed a lot of negative comments on the game. And i think even TSF themselfs will agree they made some mistakes there. But ever since they have been updating their game (new content, great new leverage client) to a more than acceptable standard.

With customer service i was not aiming on their time at RSC, but on the fact that they have helped many people i know personally when they had issues with the game. In some cases Zippy even used remote desktop to help people out. I mean hours of work.

I know developers that don't give any support all unless you call their publisher telephone support in some foreigh country. Compared to that the service of TSF has been excellent.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back