PC1 New AMD driver for pcars

Msportdan

@Simberia
Project CARS – New AMD Driver Coming Tomorrow

AMD has announced to release a new version of their Catalyst graphics card driver that will address performance issues with Slightly Mad Studios’ Project CARS title.

While nVidia users have been able to enjoy Project CARS from the start, AMD owners suffered from lower graphics performance due to driver-related issues. These problems are expected to be fixed by the new driver release that is scheduled for tomorrow.

Source

"These problems are expected to be fixed by the new driver release that is scheduled for tomorrow."

tumblr_m15foqUlsI1qlvwnco1_400.gif

Any further news? I've checked Guru3D and nothing has been reported. Apparently if you're running the preview of windows 10 there's a driver out there that gives AMD users up to 20% improvement in FPS.

I didnt see any difference (Sapphire ati 7870)
They are leaked drivers, you shouldn't use them. When they are ready for release AMD will release them themselves.

Any further news? I've checked Guru3D and nothing has been reported. Apparently if you're running the preview of windows 10 there's a driver out there that gives AMD users up to 20% improvement in FPS.
Yes the Windows 10 drivers help and there is a way to install them on Windows 7 and 8 machines aswell, however I won't be guiding you in that as it can do harm too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%