Resource icon

Tracks New AI and Data bundle for Kyalami 2000 0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
RowanZa submitted a new resource:

New AI and Data bundle for Kyalami 2000 - Kyalami 2000

Updated fast_lane.ai and ai_hints.ini , slightly faster and more competitive (tested with GT3 cars only)

Updated sections.ini for corner names (a mix of historical and commercial)

Updated audio_sources.ini with tr22's track sound mod

Read more about this resource...

Thanks, not sure about the changed sections though.

Kyalami - 1993-2008 has a different layout to the actual one.

https://www.racingcircuits.info/africa/south-africa/kyalami/

So (imo) it would have been better to keep the accurate 'old' corner names for your 2000 version (some changes needed too).
When i updated the track to the name '2000' it was not intended to represent any particular year but rather a celebration of a span of an era of that layout which was tweaked here and there over the years, corner names where often changed from year to year as new sponsors got involved. I added back some of the classic names from the 60's and 70's just for fun and they will be the names in the 2016 version, which has just been released

When i updated the track to the name '2000' it was not intended to represent any particular year but rather a celebration of a span of an era of that layout which was tweaked here and there over the years, corner names where often changed from year to year as new sponsors got involved. I added back some of the classic names from the 60's and 70's just for fun and they will be the names in the 2016 version, which has just been released
I see. But as your rework resembles the era 2000 layout, I made a sections file according to the correct names at that time (will be included in my next update of 'corner names-track description' here on RD).

I see. But as your rework resembles the era 2000 layout, I made a sections file according to the correct names at that time (will be included in my next update of 'corner names-track description' here on RD).
the problem is that i could not get all the advertising boards to correspond to the correct corners and and hence corner names, but thanks for all your work on all those sections files, a lot of research i should imagine. Now i'm going to forget about the old Kyalami and go and set some laptimes on the new one :)

the problem is that i could not get all the advertising boards to correspond to the correct corners and and hence corner names, but thanks for all your work on all those sections files, a lot of research i should imagine. Now i'm going to forget about the old Kyalami and go and set some laptimes on the new one :)
Well; the new one is fantastic, but I'm still keeping the 'old' ones too (yours and the 1967 track reboot version - which is really 1976)...;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back