New 80s GT series on iRacing

Following the introduction of the two late 80s cars by Audi and Nissan, iRacing has started an official series (Kamel GT) featuring eleven classic American and Canadian tracks. Races are 30 mins, rolling start, every uneven hour on the hour. Pity they did not put LeMans in there as well, but historically it of course makes sense to stick to the North American tracks. Good News all around.

The track selection is just awful. iRacing has the best selection of world wide tracks, what the hell were they thinking?! You stick to NA tracks when you actually have a good selection of tracks, not like this.

Nice new cars & series. Going to run the season.
The track selection is based on the schedule they had at this time, street circuits excluded of course (wish we had them).

It's to replicate the old IMSA series tracks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_IMSA_GT_Championship

I understand that, but I bet if Spa or Monza were in US, the IMSA GT championship would have gone there, instead of having 2 races at Lime Rock... So if you are making a virtual championship I think most people would trade that kind of "authenticity" in order to race these cars on proper tracks. For me this could have been a lot more interesting, now that finally I found a decent high speed car that feels pretty good.

I think for now they stick to the class IMSA tracks, then in the future im sure they will branch out to the International tracks, maybe replicate the classic sports car days.

I am currently racing this series and love it, even though Ive had bad luck, I still enjoy the heck out of it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back