Never Knew This Game Was So Good

Just been playing GTR2 and it's a great game, not quite as polished or with the feel of Project Cars but pretty close. Especially for it's age.

It makes me wonder how come I get over 200fps with everything on high with GTR2 and 60 - 70fps with Project Cars, do shadows etc make that much difference?

I made a short video in HD but it lost a lot when I uploaded it to Youtube, this game is really old but still looks good in my opinion.

They should bring out GTR3 it might be the best racing game out there if they do.

Last edited:
Neither my lapper nor my desktop are super powerful. Both capable and solid, but stock. So running old SimBin, Papyrus etc. work is a joy of mine. I follow ISR and will check out this video. I'm on the U.S. West Coast if anyone ever wants to run a few laps of any of Sim Bin's classics. I race with one of two forcefeedback wheels that I copped from the local thrift store.
Thanks.
Steam ID
roist1

I still have this installed but haven't been back to it in a while. May boot it up when my new card arrives, (I sold my 780 and the 560 ti i was given is not being recognised by my system), as have missed the real motorsport aspect of the title. Immersion like that not felt until the new F1 title just arrived...

Stepping from AC to GTR2 now I have a wheel is very interesting, of course I have the mods for GTR2 so it looks great, but I agree with the guy in the video you really feel like your driving the cars and the sensation of speed seems better than AC to me, but that may be that my PC can run GTR2 like a bullet and my not be able to run AC to its best. When I race on say Road America or Spa they look so real and detailed on GTR2, on AC you seem further away and your watching from a distance, where you seem like your right in it with this game.

I really can't keep away from GTR2 so that speaks for itself.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%