Network connection seems to be failing

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Omg, this internet here is driving me nuts. Every 5 minutes i have to go to start->control panel->network connections-> to repair my internet connection and refresh the DNS, IP etc stuff.

For some reason my internet times out or something and i cant load pages with having to perform that action.

Modem seems ok but now this is bugging me. Any ideas?

I'd try a full power down of the modem (at the wall) and restart the comp, see is its the same. Does you ISP have service messages on its website to tell when they are doing any works. Past that I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Tried disconnection and full power down already last week and doesnt make any difference :(

I am so tired of calling Ziggo all the time. Think its time now to say good bye to them and find something else!

Hmm it seems that i have two adapters in my pc (is that normal)

LAN1: nVidia nForce Networking Controller
LAN2: Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Which one should i use? Should the other be disabled?

It's pretty normal Bram. Try the other connection, it may be better. Is it the internet connection that is causing the problem though? it sounds like your internal ip is the one that's causing the problem. Have you tried a static ip for your computer?

Have you tried updating your motherboard network / lan driver's?

Had a problem like this before on one build I did, updated the network drivers and fixed it.

Probably not the problem but it's worth a try anyway if your not fully updated.

Use:
LAN1: nVidia nForce Networking Controller

Or try both.

Mines been the same friday and over the weekend. Says its still connected to the net but it drops for a split second or something and that throws me out of a server. It did this on mini friday and the US STCC event. And its being doing it on my 360 on battlefield. Really annoying me now.

I dont understand that if im still connected to the internet why is it throwing me out. Even in a chat on xbox it was throwing me out the other day. But the iscon and router are still connected to the net. Really frustrating.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.9%