netKarPro error on contacting server

Hello everyone. I was hoping for help getting a CD copy of netKarPro to run.

I'm late to this game. I only recently played it. Heard about it some time ago as the ancestor of AC. I played the official final demo a few weeks ago, loved it. Found activation codes to get it to work post-Dec 2015, but I get an error when clicking unlock. The error message appears to be because the server is no longer responding.

I thought maybe the official CD copy would not need the 'unlock' button, so I bought a copy (UIG version). Unfortunately, the unlock button returns with the same error (activation code came with the CD). Worse, it does not even have a demo option. The CD is 1.3.0.1727.

Now I don't know what to do. Is there a way to patch this so I can get past the unlock screen and play the rest of this gem? I am enjoying hotlapping the F1600 on the demo, but wanted to try everything else (more power, more grip).

Thanks for any pointers.

Update:

I gave up trying to find a solution. I suppose there is no way to bypass the unlock/contacting server step and with the game being old and unsupported, I guess the servers do not exist anymore. So return to Amazon it is. Will just have to be happy with the demo versions.

Also, I ended up buying Automobilista and quite happy with Formula Vee and FFord.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back