Netkar Pro goes freeware in December

2.jpg

Stefano Casillo (Kunos Simulazioni) has announced on Twitter that netKar Pro will become freeware at the end of the year.

As you can see from the attached tweets, Kunos will stop checking activations on December 1 (according to the official website) for the title.

While we don't know how it's going to work yet, it looks like you'll be able to just use any activation key and play netKar without limitations. That's certainly a good move from Kunos, especially since many people still hold NKP in high regard in terms of simulation physics.

I've only briefly tried the demo some time ago, and certainly had a good first impact with the sim. It is a barebones experience though, as it does not feature AI and the support for the online lobby will cease when the title goes freeware.

NetKar Pro has 12 cars and 6 tracks in its final incarnation, and includes a rain simulation system.

Do you think Assetto Corsa has surpassed NKP? Sound off in the comments!

netkar.jpg

Thanks for the link to the site, just downloading the demo now to see what it's like.

Like mentioned above, it is puzzling that they would go to all that effort to implement such a complex weather system but not develop something like that for AC. Fingers crossed....

• Deleted member 130869

Got it installed and already procured a bunch of tracks. I am struggling to get the actual FFB to work, I get resistance but no detail at the moment with my Fanatec GT3RS v2. This is driving much smoother than I remember from the demo 4 years ago once they finally addressed all the glitches and returned from the NetBikes fiasco.

Thanks for the link to the site, just downloading the demo now to see what it's like.

Like mentioned above, it is puzzling that they would go to all that effort to implement such a complex weather system but not develop something like that for AC. Fingers crossed....
The answer is precisely because of their experience with NKPro. They added rain and it had little impact on sales. They added a Fiat 500 and it had a big impact on sales. Conclusion: sim racers are far more interested in licensed content than rain. The sales success of AC without rain does seem to confirm their motto that everyone wants to race in the rain in the dark, but only once.

The answer is precisely because of their experience with NKPro. They added rain and it had little impact on sales. They added a Fiat 500 and it had a big impact on sales. Conclusion: sim racers are far more interested in licensed content than rain. The sales success of AC without rain does seem to confirm their motto that everyone wants to race in the rain in the dark, but only once.

Yes I agree with you, but judging by all the users going crazy for the dynamic weather in Project Cars there is a fan base for it :)

I loved GTR2 because it had the day/night races and the weather. Even though it was very frustrating at times! :laugh:

Anyway, AC is a great sim and if they want to add weather, great, if they don't it's not a problem :thumbsup:

That is great news, NKP is my favorite hot lap, relax sim. How can I get a pay code if they are no longer providing them. I want to unlock the whole thing. Anybody willing to share one of theirs? I wrote to them but no reply so far.
Thanks

Hello, i wanted to reinstall Netkar Pro, but couldnt find my paycode. on the official website there is a "recieve your paycode" per email automaically form, but i didnt recieve the code yet. how long does it take normally? its about 4 days now...

Yes I agree with you, but judging by all the users going crazy for the dynamic weather in Project Cars there is a fan base for it :)

I loved GTR2 because it had the day/night races and the weather. Even though it was very frustrating at times! :laugh:

Anyway, AC is a great sim and if they want to add weather, great, if they don't it's not a problem :thumbsup:
Yes I can see a fan base for this game but their are no servers for these fans to be racing on so its just a you alone on a track driving in circles? correct me if I'm wrong

I was also wondering now that it's considered freeware, would anyone be willing to share their pay code for others to try it who never had it before. I emailed them but no response. Thanks!

I actually don't know why they did it like this, probably because they didn't want to spend any more time on the code. Everywhere online including the official website states that it's freeware now, but they didn't change the software, just stopped checking activation codes. So apparently you have to enter a preexisting code but it is fully legitimate for everyone to use the same code now.

Tiger milk, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 416 39.8%