Netkar Pro goes freeware in December

2.jpg

Stefano Casillo (Kunos Simulazioni) has announced on Twitter that netKar Pro will become freeware at the end of the year.

As you can see from the attached tweets, Kunos will stop checking activations on December 1 (according to the official website) for the title.

While we don't know how it's going to work yet, it looks like you'll be able to just use any activation key and play netKar without limitations. That's certainly a good move from Kunos, especially since many people still hold NKP in high regard in terms of simulation physics.

I've only briefly tried the demo some time ago, and certainly had a good first impact with the sim. It is a barebones experience though, as it does not feature AI and the support for the online lobby will cease when the title goes freeware.

NetKar Pro has 12 cars and 6 tracks in its final incarnation, and includes a rain simulation system.

Do you think Assetto Corsa has surpassed NKP? Sound off in the comments!

netkar.jpg

I fired this up the other day - it's been a few years. The FF1600 and the F2 are some of the best openwheelers ever made. Still. I love the forced cockpit view and the dash panel with all the info you'll ever need - no arcade huds. plus the fact that cold tyres and brakes will destroy your tyres on the out lap if you go too hard. Why Kunos have never ported the Prato and Crema tracks into AC I'll never understand.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back