netKar Pro 1.3 is out

Ah its finally out now. :party:
You will find the the new version in the hidden download section of the nKPro homepage. Check this out:
netkarpro13.jpg

Jajajajajaja!!!, :funnypost:

Since he created an expectation with the release of the video that indicated Xmas 2010 and the change in pricing structure some communication would make sense. I understand that deadlines need to be extended for issues that weren't anticipated. And gettin gthe release right is the most important thing. A simple communication telling us that would suffice - and no need to even have a new date - just tell us it is delayed indefinitely.

It'll be out when it's out! Buy 1.2 and start driving. 1.2 is fantastic and why not give the guy a few more euro?! This sim is cheap at twice the price.

EDIT: [smiley face]....just read the post again and it sounded kind of fussy to me. Please read it as more of a friendly nudge than a scold.

Maybe they should make netkar pro much more expensive. When a sim is not that expensive, it sounds cheap. When it's more expensive, it adds to the overall image of netkar pro.

^ I agree.

To give two release dates and miss both with no news is pretty poor. I'd have to say as great as the game is, their handling of the situation has lost some of my respect. They would have been much better off never mentioning any dates at all.

But missing the dates is fine, I don't have a problem with that (I work for a software company. I know how it is.), but keep people informed and tell them it's not going to happen so they don't waste their time or make plans on the supposed release day. Customer service is King and informed customers are happy customers (disappointed maybe but happy they know what's going on).

Certainly kills any inclination I had of the previously discussed pre-purchase system for NKP 2.0. I wouldn't like to hand over my money to end up on the day with no game and no word of what's happening.

To give two release dates and miss both with no news is pretty poor.

The team NEVER gave a release date: people usually tends to make confusion among estimated release date and confirmed release date.
They never said "1.3 will be out on day x", they always said "There are plans to release it for day x": it's quite different.
Some news would be appreciated, I agree. If they didn't say anything in the past days probably they have their reasons. A copule of weeks of delay doesn't make a big difference: if you are among those who bought the sim 4 years ago you should already know how long it took before having the first awaited patch. ;)

Keep in mind that on the 31st of December ended Ferrari Virtual Academy too, so I would not be surprised if they've been busy with Ferrari too and this took time away from nKP development.

Actually I think what they have done communication-wise is actually worse. They have certainly been willing to at least tease people thorugh their video that ended 'Merry Christmas..." and other semi-formal forum communication that they would release by Jan 6th before their hiatus/holiday. And to that end, whether they like it or not, there becomes a public perception of who they are and how they do business. Kunos took a public beating for this lack of follow through previously and given that context people are seeing the pattern start to re-emerge. It certainly isn't changing my life whether they release it this week/next month or whenever. But as they try to build a 'fan base' they have to realize that this has an impact. And if they are going to all this work to generate sales I believe this is having a negative impact on that effort. For those of us that already have the product (and know its quality) there is only an impact to the extent we consider purchasing the next version but to the larger potential market this style makes people wary at a minimum. And it is so easily resolved with a change in their communication.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 429 39.6%