netKar Pro – Version 1.2 Released

V1.2 Released guys!!!!

Kunos Simulazioni has released a new version of their netKar Pro simulator, adding a new car and lots of other improvements to the title.
Most importantly, the new version introduces the fictional Formula KS2 race car, giving netKar racers access to a new and powerful open-wheeler. Furthermore, the patch comes with physics improvements such as an improved tyre & differential model as well as some other changes as listed below.

Changelog:
> Added the new FormulaKS2 car
> Improved tyre model
> Improved differential model
> Improved multiplayer contact response
> Improved loading times
> Added a live laptime report for multiplayer races
> Added realtime performance meter
> “Controls” overlay is now on by default
> Controls overlay now show brake and throttle activity during replay
> Fixed wrong steer ration showing during replays recorded with different steer lock
> Smoother steering wheel movements during replay
> Only PAYCODE is now NEEDED to unlock the lincense

Click here to download the 1.2 version

Source: virtualR

Well it's great there is a new netkar pro version but... i really hoped for more major additions then another open wheeler...

I know Kunos is trying to work on a completely new engine for the next netkar version,but it would had been sweet and would have really helped bring more people to netkar if a couple of normal cars had been released alongside graphical improvements (swaying grass/3d trees/spectators-pit crew/volumetric smoke) and a fully physics based cockpit head view movement with full driver/hand animations.Alongside the point to point hill climb and a couple more too it could help netkar's reputation and bring new "blood"...

As it is...its really hard to jump into...if you love normal cars you are out of luck...

And before you burn me on the stake having played gt5....as hopelessly arcadish as it is...it really is a blast picking a normal car you like and drive around some of the tracks or open roads there are in the game.Driving around in time trial mode in downtown tokyo or le mans ,or a country road or cruising through monako i felt this is a dream coming true for every car lover out there...It really is miles ahead as far as graphics and car/track variation and quality compared to the usual pc simulation.
(Off course then you actually try to race and realize the ai follows always a perfect line ignoring themselves or you,collitions feel like bumber cars or pinball for the matter,cars are indestructible(there is damage but you have to crash 10000 times at 300km to have a fender even dislodge itself 1cm )

it maybe a bit rough around the edges, lack a bit of polish and not have many features. But what it does have (IMO) is the best feeling car physics of any sim I've played. I think they are the closest to representing the real thing as has been achieved to date. My months subscription to iracing has gone unused because I bought KNPro at the same time and NKPro won my driving time hands down.

If you want something that looks nice, play F1 2010 on DX11. If you want something that feels nice, then NKPro is it.

Personally I like it a bit rough around the edges, I feels more raw and race car like. :)

I agree nKPro is becoming a huge sim. :)

With the new Radiator Springs Racing Mungello track it is really impressive even on the graphic side.

And there is not only open wheelers in nKPro, the Abarth is really great and a new GT car is coming, and maybe even another car with the Osella.

And all that for only 20 €... amazing. :)

Alongside the point to point hill climb and a couple more too it could help netkar's reputation and bring new "blood"...
As it is...its really hard to jump into...if you love normal cars you are out of luck...
I really like point to point races too :) Hopefully the hill climb will be released, but I think time will be the deciding factor.

I find it a little annoying having to have so many netKar something or other installations:
netKar namie for having a blast in the Zonda etc.
netBike for two wheeled fun.
Marangoni Driving Simulator for the Trento-Bondone.
Singtel simulator for F1 speed (less important with the KS2 now).
Ferrari Virtual Academy for the quality tracks.

And before you burn me on the stake having played gt5....as hopelessly arcadish as it is...it really is a blast picking a normal car you like and drive around some of the tracks or open roads there are in the game.Driving around in time trial mode in downtown tokyo or le mans ,or a country road or cruising through monako i felt this is a dream coming true for every car lover out there...It really is miles ahead as far as graphics and car/track variation and quality compared to the usual pc simulation.
Well I'm not a fan, in fact I think it's probably the most boring racing game out there, but they did have 6 years to develop GT5 plus money for licences (and the fact a lot of the content's from older Gran Turismo games).

Well i don't ask for gt5 car/track numbers for god's shake !! I am asking for a few graphical improvements and the addition of a dozen normal cars and 2-3 more high quality tracks alongside a hillclimb or two.
As it is if you are not into open wheelers you are out of luck.And please don't even mention the abbarth car.It may be fun for half an hour but come on now how interesting a front wheel drive egg can be ?
And you don't have to license supercars and such...A few normal cars even without their real names would be more than adequate.A few open roadsters like a old mx5,a targa mr2,a s2000,a few high performance front drive cars like a dc2 integra,a old celica and a crx and a few high performance rear wheel drive cars like a supra,a rx7 ,a nsx,an old 911,an old corvette,an old mitsubishi gto and a 200sx would be more than enough to bring a hell of a lot of new people to netkar pro that were holding back because of the absence of normal cars.

Than you have the tracks.The stock tracks look nice and there are many tracks to download made by users or converted from other netkar sims but they lack polish.

And about graphical improvements they are not that hard to do.Grass actually already exists but is very very limited and static,normal trees can be swapped with 3d trees with swaying animations and it goes on...

Well i don't ask for gt5 car/track numbers for god's shake !! I am asking for a few graphical improvements and the addition of a dozen normal cars and 2-3 more high quality tracks alongside a hillclimb or two.
As it is if you are not into open wheelers you are out of luck.And please don't even mention the abbarth car.It may be fun for half an hour but come on now how interesting a front wheel drive egg can be ?
And you don't have to license supercars and such...A few normal cars even without their real names would be more than adequate.A few open roadsters like a old mx5,a targa mr2,a s2000,a few high performance front drive cars like a dc2 integra,a old celica and a crx and a few high performance rear wheel drive cars like a supra,a rx7 ,a nsx,an old 911,an old corvette,an old mitsubishi gto and a 200sx would be more than enough to bring a hell of a lot of new people to netkar pro that were holding back because of the absence of normal cars.

Than you have the tracks.The stock tracks look nice and there are many tracks to download made by users or converted from other netkar sims but they lack polish.

And about graphical improvements they are not that hard to do.Grass actually already exists but is very very limited and static,normal trees can be swapped with 3d trees with swaying animations and it goes on...
I think maybe NetKar 2 is what you will be looking for as surely that will address most of your wants. I am not an open wheeler fan by any stretch but the open wheelers in this sim are very addictive and i disagree about the Abarth, it's awesome fun. Have you tried iRacing? as that ticks all the boxes your looking for IMO but for me as an avid iRacing fan and player, i still come back to NetKar and it just feels better than iRacing and feels more like a sim than anything else out there atm. As much as i love iRacing ( which is alot ) it lacks the road feel that NetKar has because of it's tyre model and for me the FFB is superiour in Netkar when comparing a iRacing open wheeler to one of NetKars.

I would suggest holding out for NetKar2 or giving iRacing a butchers, both awesome sims and the best around for us public right now. Problem with iRacing is a find myself contantly comparing it to NetKar and when i venture of track it just seems really funny that no dirt or wear appears on my tyres like it does in NetKar it's actually really funny. The damage is also quite funny but it is very very immersive and graphically is just years ahead and the FFB can be very good but just not to NetKars levels IMO.

The problem i see with NetKar and you alluded to it as the lack of quality tracks and IMO is getting too much like rFactor now in that anybody can do it and they are, Some of the tracks in NetKar look really shabby but lately with Mugello and the Brands Hatch that appeared the quality has gone up a notch and i hope it keeps to this level and doesn't get like rFactor. Would be nice if Kunos could add some extra original Netkar tracks that match the quality he already has but he must be very busy working on new stuff like that monster above and surely is working hard on number 2.

I find it very frustrating that NetKar does not get the coverage it deserves but at the same time i agree as a sim it doesn't do the best to appeal due to the abundance of mainly open wheelers, but if guys would just give it a chance i'm sure they would be hooked. I really hated NetKar the first time i played it and was pretty meh but the more time you spend with it the better it gets and then every other sim just pales in comparison IMO.

For me the F1800 is till one of the finest sim cars ever built and it's NetKars crown in it's fleet and i also like the KS2 but am still not 100% sure on the KS2 as it seems a little funky too me physics wise and is too easy to drive and has too much grip but maybe they are like that in real life.

A few normal cars even without their real names would be more than adequate.
I drove the new(er) MX-5 in iRacing and found it really bloody boring :p I don’t see how road cars would help nKPro (but then I’ve always found racing cars more appealing (which’s why I’m a little disappointed the new car isn’t a GT1 or something similar*))

* but it still looks like really good fun :)

The damage is also quite funny but it is very very immersive and graphically is just years ahead and the FFB can be very good but just not to NetKars levels IMO.
I’ve heard a few former nKPro’ers :s saying the same thing (after defecting to iRacing :p). Maybe I have to run both on such low settings it doesn’t matter, but I don’t look at nKPro & think that it looks dated. It wasn’t that long ago people were going on about how gorgeous nKPro looked. If you go back to GPL or GP4 then you can really tell, but I still think even F1C looks alright.

I really hated NetKar the first time i played it and was pretty meh but the more time you spend with it the better it gets and then every other sim just pales in comparison IMO.
Well if the next car is the Osella, I think Kunos would have missed an opportunity, as a lot of people must give nKPro a try and find the FF too tricky. A FBMW as a new demo car would have worked nicely.

For me the F1800 is till one of the finest sim cars ever built and it's NetKars crown in it's fleet and i also like the KS2 but am still not 100% sure on the KS2 as it seems a little funky too me physics wise and is too easy to drive and has too much grip but maybe they are like that in real life.
I feel the same about the F1800, with hard mode FFB enabled, and a decent setup it’s sheer bliss. I’m not sure about the KS2 yet either. The car’s like a less severe version of the F10 from FVA, as in it feels easy to drive until someone goes wrong (like you take too much curb), and then it bites back hard!

I’ve heard a few former nKPro’ers :s saying the same thing (after defecting to iRacing :p). Maybe I have to run both on such low settings it doesn’t matter, but I don’t look at nKPro & think that it looks dated. It wasn’t that long ago people were going on about how gorgeous nKPro looked. If you go back to GPL or GP4 then you can really tell, but I still think even F1C looks alright.

I feel the same about the F1800, with hard mode FFB enabled, and a decent setup it’s sheer bliss. I’m not sure about the KS2 yet either. The car’s like a less severe version of the F10 from FVA, as in it feels easy to drive until someone goes wrong (like you take too much curb), and then it bites back hard!
Mate i'm not knocking the visuals i like you find it more than good enough but in comparison to iRacing maxed out at 1080p it doesn't hold up. What is impressive about iRacing is that it doesn't need loads of post FX like GT5 too look good, it's just brilliant artists and the awesome shadows that cast around the cockpit that just looks awesome. Also, another thing that is years ahead in iRacing is the replays, the cars looks so real in the way they behave when watching from a TV camera, this is one area that needs improvment in NKPro is the behaviour in the replays of the cars.

But as said above i still find NKPro a very attractive game with the bundled tracks and Mugello etc, it's the modded tracks like Interlagos etc with their cartooney rFactor type colours that really make NKP looks poor in comparison. As said mate i'm not knocking it i'm just saying ones prettier.

Yes, the F1800 is just heaven IMO and i tell you i miised this in my earlier post. Take the Fiat Abarth a FWD car and go an compare it to a iRacing FWD car ( Jetta ) nKPro once again outguns iRacing physics wise so it's not only open wheelers that it's better.

Disagree though mate about iRacings MX5, yes it maybe be gutless but man it's so easy to get sideways it's awesome fun. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back