netKar Pro – Version 1.2 Released

V1.2 Released guys!!!!

Kunos Simulazioni has released a new version of their netKar Pro simulator, adding a new car and lots of other improvements to the title.
Most importantly, the new version introduces the fictional Formula KS2 race car, giving netKar racers access to a new and powerful open-wheeler. Furthermore, the patch comes with physics improvements such as an improved tyre & differential model as well as some other changes as listed below.

Changelog:
> Added the new FormulaKS2 car
> Improved tyre model
> Improved differential model
> Improved multiplayer contact response
> Improved loading times
> Added a live laptime report for multiplayer races
> Added realtime performance meter
> “Controls” overlay is now on by default
> Controls overlay now show brake and throttle activity during replay
> Fixed wrong steer ration showing during replays recorded with different steer lock
> Smoother steering wheel movements during replay
> Only PAYCODE is now NEEDED to unlock the lincense

Click here to download the 1.2 version

Source: virtualR

The new KS2 car is amazing, its almost like a slightly tame version of the Ferrari F10 from FVA. I wasnt a big fan of the other open wheel cars in Netkar, but after this update i am happy, driving the KS2 around spa is awesome, the tyre model is the best i've driven.

@sérgio . I'm not trying to be condescending, so please don't take it the wrong way. In the installation folder is a folder called manual. It's got some great information and keyboard shortcuts in there which are not obvious from the GUI. It's worth the read. It's a bit out of date in some areas but I found it very useful.

And yes I agree NKP is the best simulation I've driven to date. The car handling behaves exactly as I'd expect it to. Awesome!!

@sérgio . I'm not trying to be condescending, so please don't take it the wrong way. In the installation folder is a folder called manual. It's got some great information and keyboard shortcuts in there which are not obvious from the GUI. It's worth the read. It's a bit out of date in some areas but I found it very useful.

And yes I agree NKP is the best simulation I've driven to date. The car handling behaves exactly as I'd expect it to. Awesome!!

I read it, but very fast, but you know, sometimes we are just like a kid with a new toy, you just want to play with it.

Anyone having issues with this version running like a pig, V1.1 was smooth as great FPS and was smooth as, looked great. This runs jerky and looks terrible. I uninstalled V1.1 completely including My Docs and installed and same result, first install I just installed over the older version

Running i7 960
GTX 470
GSkill 6GB
Asus P658D Extreme
Windows 7 (64bit)

There are a couple of updates now, maybe it's fixed?

The game was running fine for me, but the replays of KS2 in Monaco were horrid. Will see how it goes now.

yesterday I tryed a server with full grid on KS2 car but got a very low FPS :(

my system is
Win XP x86 + SP3
CPU Phenom II, dual core, 2x3.1GHz
2GB DDR2
ATI RADEON 4670 1GRAM
game set to medium-low graphic details

is it the video system or ADSL connection to generate this issue ?
opinions are welcome

by the way, it seems that a new update will come soon to let set lower graphic details ...

Connection shouldn't affect FPS.

I have a pretty similar configuration, but never tried it online. Having some issues offline with higher graphics settings, so I guess it's that.

EDIT: tried to do a movie, and the tv view in Monaco is a bit slower than the cockpit view. About Half a second in the end.

Connection shouldn't affect FPS.I have a pretty similar configuration, but never tried it online. Having some issues offline with higher graphics settings, so I guess it's that.
but for me is the first time with this kind of issue

anyway asap I'll try the Game Booster 2, as suggested few replys above, to see if it help
but first of all I have to uninstall/install again nkPro 1.2
sometimes that damned folder under documents create problems when updating nKpro .... but I love this game :D

yesterday night:
* saved "driver" and "license" folder under "\document and setting\..\nkpro"
* removed completely any trace of nKpro also from PC system registry
* reinstalled v1.2
* replaced my "driver" and "license" folder (CTRL+C - CTRL+V)

now it works quite good, tested in a full grid server 15/15 with an average 50FPS but some fast peaks at 20FPS

next days step: check ADSL line and try Game Booster 2 to improve performance to get ready for rain :D

ciao

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 411 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 279 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 275 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.6%
  • < 5 years