Netcode plague

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Very disappointed this hasnt been resolved yet after the update. Has happened to me on a few occasions already and I just started using this sim when 1.3 came out.

Very disappointed this hasnt been resolved yet after the update. Has happened to me on a few occasions already and I just started using this sim when 1.3 came out.

The netcode has been horrible since NKP came out 5 years ago. To be fair, it was worse back then compared to now... now at least you can have some races. With version 1.0 it quite frequently happened that the race started and you didn't get the 'go to grid' button :D. We had ghost car issues, huge framedrops with more users connecting, crashing servers etc etc. This only has slightly improved during the years. I say this just to prepare you; it won't get much better....

Unless Kunos hires someone for the netcode, or perhaps dedicates all his time to studying netcode, instead of working on physics and new cars...

Not fun to hear =( But honestly guys.. I had so much problems before 1,3. But since 1,3 and I have not done many races online, but still some. And no problems at all. For me theres a big improvement in net code as I see it..

No one agrees?

Not fun to hear =( But honestly guys.. I had so much problems before 1,3. But since 1,3 and I have not done many races online, but still some. And no problems at all. For me theres a big improvement in net code as I see it..

No one agrees?

I agree. The net code in 1,3 seems pretty ok, that is once the servers started showing up. --->Although I might eat my words after Suzuka tonight :p

Anyway just try to find the perfect sim, it doesn't exist!

I think netkar itself is just rather buggy, I have to restart netkar everytime one time to get vsync to work, and I have to go into controller settings twice for it to stop swapping my brake balance buttons around. The 0/1 server is probaly just another bug, good luck with that!

This problem is really spoiling it for us and the game itself. For a game that doesnt have any AI to race with I would have expected the netcode to be spot on. Developer should focus all his resources to solving it first before updating anything else imho. Any direct contact, twitter for Kunos?

Its becoming scary racing close to one another on a sim that close racing is where its at.

The netcode sucks, and its killing the potential popularity of nKPro imho.
Ive given up trying to race online, the only server I can use is Dean's 10Mbit, which is local, elsewhere my ping is always 3000, regardless of the server location and Ive always got that BIG black translucent box in my face, it's so dissapointing.

Im so bored with nKP, theres a limit to how much solo lapping one can bare, Ive reached mine.

Sometimes in the server listing you get ridiculous pings but once you connect to a race the pings drop quite a bit.

Living in Australia and only having one Australian server showing up, which now seems to have disappeared, I don't have much choice and have to connect to European servers if I want to race. Most of the time the connections seem pretty stable although you always have to be aware how close you get to other cars. This is not unique to netKar though.

One thing I have been wondering about is that in the earlier versions of netKar, when online at the start of a race, you would get a go to grid button in the garage. I don't get this anymore so if I'm in the garage making a change it puts me directly on the grid before I'm ready.

Is there a setting somewhere that makes the go to grid prompt show up?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 233 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%