Tracks Nemuno Žiedas 1987-Present

Thank you for this early version!

Just tried it out, went a few laps around it witht the Mustang. The track has a nice flow to it, and will make for fun races with lower powered cars. Reminds me a little bit of Mas du Clos.

Will try a race with the MX-5 Cup after work and see if I manage to make the left bend before the steep incline :)

It does have a lovely flow, with some sections encouraging me to go too fast :devilish: I have been using the Lotus 2-11 GT4 and have had some great AI races :)

I think you have shown that this has the potential to be a great addition to AC, and I it is definitely worth doing right. If you are happy to back and rework your meshes (keeping this version as a great reference) then I think you have a real winner on your hands here :thumbsup:

One other thing I noticed about those chicane bollards is you seem to be able to knock the first one out of the way and then not get a penalty or invalid lap by driving through it - so you can gain a bit of time by effectively making the chicane faster.

What a mental track though, just tried the Jag :confused: Very scary indeed, but can't get enough! :thumbsup:

Thanks, very motivating :) Yes, will have to redo the mesh up to decent level. Hopefully will succeed. Knowing that something essentially isn't really right blocks further passion a lot. Fortunately this is small circuit, perfect for first track (though, could be even smaller a kart track maybe :D)

Lotus 2-11 is great there, can't wait for 3-11, maybe it will beat the track record, which is in real life 1'11'9 with heavily modified EVO on slicks.

@Gevatter I have drove most of AC cars there lol But not the mustang, will try it today haha Yes it is similar to MasDuClos for me too, mostly because of T1 of MasDuClos which is really similar to "Makushke", also it has that "private" track feel, not completely official. Lol there is a house in the middle of the track inside of heaviest braking zone haha faster cars works well too, but it starts to feel a bit small when you start laping faster than 1'10.

@garyjpaterson Thanks, yes I agree it is not strict enough. I have penalties surface planes to register cut there (very easy to get black flagged by the way), but you need all four wheels to get on them, so after knocking off the tires you really can gain a little bit of time. Will have to fix it, but I don't want penalties to be too irritating then. Definitely, proper chicane is a priority.

1.jpg

all four wheels in the air (pretty sure its not just a difference between physics mesh and visual mesh. Did you even separate it yet?) :D Quite an evil track with a fast car

2'15 ? Thats already a fast laptime there :D (Edit: I realised that it isn't lol, but it looks like it should do 1'13) I see you have LFS logo, this means business !

Yes I have it separated, the visual mesh belongs to terrain now and is not high resolution. Physical mesh is divided into seven parts maybe, and each is subdivided in three or four levels to stay bellow 65k verts per segment. I wonder if wheels are in the air because of subdivision. Maybe physical wheels are also expanding, while graphically it is not presented. There is such issue with Jaguar.

Last edited:
No, judging from the bounciness and the tendency to crash into the guardrail just after that point the car really gets airborne there.

Thanks @ltcars I'll use it, thanks for helping out.

No, judging from the bounciness and the tendency to crash into the guardrail just after that point the car really gets airborne there.

Yes, I inspected very closely and there is slightly too sharp edge right after the water drainage. But it should't cause big airborne when speed is correct. I tested it out with Supra TA now, it gets airborne very little, hardly jumps. Maybe would fly over a keyboard.

In redone road there shouldn't be this issue.

Awesome ! I think I have recently decreased peak grip for the surface it is like 0.97 on old tarmac, and 0.98 on new tarmac (maybe gonna set this to 0.99). Bt I used to drive it on "fast" all the time, and now it is like "fast" on "optimum". Will have to try to repeat the laptime now :)

True, will have to make something to be more clear how to take chicane. Probably will use cones on their sides with tops pointing to "tire barrels".

UUEPqQX.jpg
Skidmarks (or a general dark groove) can make it work too. Showing us the way through it. I've had the same problems at first, not knowing where to drive there haha

You already know my thoughts :) Cannot wait for more!

Skidmarks (or a general dark groove) can make it work too. Showing us the way through it. I've had the same problems at first, not knowing where to drive there haha

You already know my thoughts :) Cannot wait for more!
That and just guide them with orange cones like in that picture posted earlier.

Can't wait to have road redone and everything assigned to the spline properly.

I found this (few days before starting this thread), I wish there was a way to get the elevations from this, however, there is other map with altitudes splines (5meters step).

Just write down "kacergine" in search, and then zoom out just a little, you'll see the track.

https://www.maps.lt/3Dlietuva/

Should be helpful

From that site:

ecEc4Uq.jpg

ga7ecxs.jpg

This is a bit strange though, from what I knew this particular elevation should be ~36meters from lowest partt of the track to the top of left bend. But from the topographical view the top is slightly under 60meters...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back