Tracks Nemuno Žiedas 1987-Present

Recent version is much better, I thought maybe I should upload it to this thread, but maybe I should improve it even more, and then upload early version to RaceDepartment in a normal way.... I do not want too much 4stars though, but it is going to be inevitable lol

I really need to step up textures, a lot of them could be so much nicer than they are. I hope next upload will be good one.

Just have to learn how to manage time :/
Just make it more grey, just as Kunos did in their content. And also skidmarks as close to real as possible

@Vladislav Kurochkin Skidmarks and groove is pretty much there, I just have to adjust height of their meshes, because some are floating too high above road mesh. Maybe I'll add more skidmarks for more "history". Speaking about skidmarks, there are few curves where tarmac has a lot of rubber out of the trajectory - because drifters :D

What do you mean more grey ? I had an impression, that my textures lacks colour and saturation. making track "more grey" would be the opposite. Right now there are way too few colours around the track.

@Vladislav Kurochkin Skidmarks and groove is pretty much there, I just have to adjust height of their meshes, because some are floating too high above road mesh. Maybe I'll add more skidmarks for more "history". Speaking about skidmarks, there are few curves where tarmac has a lot of rubber out of the trajectory - because drifters :D

What do you mean more grey ? I had an impression, that my textures lacks colour and saturation. making track "more grey" would be the opposite. Right now there are way too few colours around the track.
I watched an onboard and compared the textures at your track. For the time being from angle of view they are way too dark. Just make them a bit lighter, I think

So further learning to model a track. Did a little breakthrough with mask maps. Decided to celebrate with screenshoots lol Screenshots are lways great way to find what to tweak hehe
bimdaT6.jpg

uyFPINn.jpg

pUGhv0I.jpg

Fy7YOMp.jpg

few more: http://imgur.com/a/VXF1c

Will try to do textures for buildings and add some flags, to add some more colors. Add ai pitlane, some objects at the pits, fix some geometry issues here and there, hunt down mesh gaps, show some more love for less cared textures, and maybe it will deserve to be called 0.5.

Also don't forget about grass)

How could I :D

Grass will be done when I'll be sure that terrain geometry will not be modified anymore, also perhaps when I'll have some optimisations done, I don't want people with weaker computers to experience 15fps lol Last time I tested with my benchmark combo - 918 and a ghoastcar I learned that DIP is already getting over 2000, I don't want to go any higher with DIP.

Probably I'll add suffixes _KSLAYER to grass, so people with lowest graphical settings would not be loaded too much.

Hi yesterday I was there, in first Lithuanian sim racing contest my track was used in a final, it is difficult track to race in same cars, there was a lot of action :) Congrats to Martynas Sidunovas - true alien.

The prize - becoming a real race driver with real race RX8 for three races.

Proof(everybody watched in facebook, but it was in youtube too):

your scratch made track is quite a contrast to the (Forza based?) car, which they couldn't even bother do a steering animation for

Hi yesterday I was there, in first Lithuanian sim racing contest my track was used in a final, it is difficult track to race in same cars, there was a lot of action :) Congrats to Martynas Sidunovas - true alien.

The prize - becoming a real race driver with real race RX8 for three races.

Proof(everybody watched in facebook, but it was in youtube too):
Great) I wish we in UA had the same. Unfortunately, the virtual copy of Chayka is not so good. But...maybe in future u'll help to improve the track... Maybe...
It needs retexturing and the small config is needed cameras and retexturing to be done. For the time being I found nobody across Ukrainian and Russian community to improve it...

Wouldn't say no, but wouldn't say yes yet either. Maybe someone will come up with it, Ukraine, especially, is full of talented, strong and beautiful people, at least thats how I see Ukraine. So lets hope for a good things :)

What happened in Lithuania is a phenomenon, huge thanks to organizers and supporters. Hopes are even bigger for next year.

Regarding of car @AccAkut, yeah it wasn't quite there, but it was good enough IMO. Maybe next year there could be some work for the modders, IDK.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back