Nelson Piquet Junior

• Renato Preti

The truth in F1 is, this depends of how much money he can bring to the team. If he can bring money I would hire as 2nd driver.

He'd be good to have in the garage to remind my proper drivers how talented they are.

His involvement in the singapore incident dosn't bother me though, my issues with him are his pace (or lack of)

But he played the game along just like the teams management! Only drivers without the right mentality for F1 would crash their cars on purpose, when somebody tells them to. A true sportsman always wants to win!

I can think of two drivers who have crashed their cars deliberately.
Mr Schumacher & Mr Senna.
Would you hire either of them ?????

Admittedly they only crashed to win,
or more correctly to prevent others from winning.

Is that worse than just crashing into a wall??

At least Piquet wasn't trying to take anyone out.

I've been thinking more about this & I guess the main difference between this & the Schu & Senna incidents is the pre-meditation.

The Senna & Schu incidents could be written off as a spur of the moment lapse of reason.
The Renault thing was planned.
I have read that it was Piquet's idea.
I find this idea hard to grasp??

Wherever he goes looking for even remotely top level motor racing that requires corporate sponsorship,then you can take the words of the Virgin spokesman and apply them to any other large brand,why bother risking global sales when there is no shortage of young eager racing drivers without the extra "Piquet baggage"?...

I've been thinking more about this & I guess the main difference between this & the Schu & Senna incidents is the pre-meditation.

The Senna & Schu incidents could be written off as a spur of the moment lapse of reason.
The Renault thing was planned.
I have read that it was Piquet's idea.
I find this idea hard to grasp??
Well Senna taking out Prost in 1990 at Suzuka was pre-medittaed to the extent that he later admitted that if Prost was ahead by the first corner then he would crash into him.

All as a result of pole position being put on the dirty (inside) side of the track after Senna had been told it would be on the clean (outside) side before qualifying. Blame Balestre.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back