Need your help to buy a new computer

Ihab Abbas

Premium
Hello guys,

I need your opinion about my new computer configurations if it is good to run rfactor 2 and the sim racing games with extreme sittings or not:

• Case: Azza Toledo 301 Gaming Mid-Tower Case
  • Internal USB Extension Module: None
  • Neon Light Upgrade: None
  • Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
  • Noise Reduction Technology: None
  • CPU: AMD Phenom™II X6 1055T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
  • Freebies: FREE! 4GB Patriot USB Flash Drive
  • Cooling Fan: Thermaltake Contac 30 Heatpipe Direct-Contact Technology CPU Cooler (CLP0579) [+4]
  • Motherboard: GigaByte GA-870A-UD3 AMD 870/SB850 chipset support DDR3 Ultra Durable™3 Socket AM3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 Audio, GBLAN, Support 6-core CPU, CPU Auto Unlocker, USB3.0, SATA-III, ON/OFF Charge for IPod, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI
  • Motherboard Expansion Card: None
  • Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
  • Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card (HIS IceQ X Powered by AMD [+5])
  • Video Card 2: None
  • Video Card 3: None
  • Dedicated PHYSX Card: None
  • Free Game: None
  • Multiple Video Card Settings: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
  • Power Supply Upgrade: * 650 Watts - Thermaltake TR2 RX Modular 80 Plus PSU - PN: TRX-650M [+57]
  • Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
  • Data Hard Drive: None
  • Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
  • External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None
  • USB Flash Drive: None
  • Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
  • Optical Drive 2: None
  • Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • 3D Vision Glasses: None
  • LCD Monitor: None
  • 2nd Monitor: None
  • 3rd Monitor: None
  • Speakers: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
  • Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • Network Switch: None
  • Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
  • Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
  • Mouse Pad: None
  • Gaming Gear: None
  • Extra Thermal Display: None
  • Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: Zonet ZEW1642S IEEE 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card [+29]
  • External Wireless Network Card: None
  • Wireless 802.11 B/G/N Access Point: None
  • Bluetooth: None
  • Flash Media Reader/Writer: None
  • Video Camera: None
  • Headset: None
  • Printer: None
  • Cable: None
  • Power Protection: None
  • Surge Protector: None
  • IEEE1394 Card: None
  • USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
  • Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner: None
  • Office Suite: None
  • Games: None
  • Ultra Care Option: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
    Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]
  • Service: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Best regards!

As long as you are running on a single monitor then that system is more than enough. If you are looking at running on triple monitors, then you would likely need to upgrade your PSU to at least 750 watts and run a pair of those video cards, though you can probably get away with a pair of 5870's as long as you are not worried about turning a couple of things down to get the frame rates. One other thing that might be helpful if you are running older games would be to use Windows 7 Ultimate as it allows you to run the older games in a complete WinXP environment without using compatibility mode. It uses what is called a virtual environment.

Dude, first you have to decide for what purpose you need a computer and what should be its maximum cost. Based on these data, you can go to any store and a consultant will help you build an excellent personal computer. In addition, I advise you to definitely study surge protector reviews and choose the appropriate surge protector to protect the computer's power supply from power surges. I myself came across this and therefore I want to prevent such problems from you.
check out date of the topic

Dude, first you have to decide for what purpose you need a computer and what should be its maximum cost. Based on these data, you can go to any store and a consultant will help you build an excellent personal computer. In addition, I advise you to definitely study surge protector reviews and choose the appropriate surge protector to protect the computer's power supply from power surges. I myself came across this and therefore I want to prevent such problems from you.
And go to a consultant.... this would have been good advice from before the date of the OP... but now, really?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%