Need someone to mentor me to get into sim racing for free

I'm a beginner, never driven a real car but understand car physics quite well. I own a Logitech G29 and play at 60fps and 60Hz monitor. I want to learn sim racing. Get my laps better, better braking, no slide and learn a little bit of drifting also. Can anyone help me?But for free as I have no budget. Please reply if you want to?

I ain't no alien...
Hahaha, sure! Because it's entirely normal to lap half the field! :whistling: :D

I wouldn't be any good as a mentor myself, but you should try the Leaderboard Challenge mode of R3E. It gives you a ghost car of the person to follow on the track, as well as their racing line, brake points, and even gear changes. It's a really good way to learn tracks and lines.

I agree with Ross as to the leaderboards being a valuable tool, I would suggest however getting familiar with the basic philosophy of racing and developing techniques based on proven methods as it will help tremendously opposed to following ghosts. Keeping up with the top tier will be difficult and following ones closer to beginners may lead you to less than an ideal approach.
There are several 'how to' videos on YouTube and I think the iRacing video series is very good as it is in several segments that address a very defined topic, I go back and watch them when I find myself getting into trouble because of mental errors as a result of trying to keep up with the fast guys.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 500 39.0%