Need some VR Help please

Hey folks. Hope this finds you and yours safe and healthy. After about 6 months away from the sim rig, this lock-down has allowed me to get back to an “unhealthy” amount of track time :) I apologize in advance for the long post - trying to be as thorough as possible...

I’m running a dedicated sim PC: i5-9600k with conservative OC (4.8/1.25v), EVGA 2060 super (OC: 100/800), 16g 3200 RAM, Aorus z390 pro WiFi MOBO. Rift S plugged directly into the MOBO ports. The computer runs stable through various stress testing. I have tried to turn off all PC background apps and run as little as possible while in-game.

AC using Content Manager with Sol/CSP (recommended/updated versions - 1.5/1.46). My typical in-game apps are Crew Chief, Pro Tyres and Sidekick. My Assetto Corsa/Nvidia settings were taken from @Andrew_WOT instructions from awhile back. Frames are capped at 80 (Rift S Max). Oculus PPD set to 1.4.

The issue I’m having is that I regularly get stutters. For clarity, the “stutter” looks like hitting pause/play/pause/play... quickly. Upon each “play,” I am a hair further down the track (with continuous audio), as if the game is still continuing in the background - but only the visual representation has been paused/stuttered. Sometimes it might be just one stutter, at times it’s more extreme.

The most bizarre thing is that it seems to happen most often EXACTLY as I cross the start/finish line. it seems to happen on the 2nd (fully timed) lap having started from the hot lap option - so the first time the lap clock resets???.

So far I have tried:

1. both OpenVR and Rift options.
2. Various higher/lower video quality settings
3. All in-game apps deactivated/reactivated (including Crew Chief app).
4. PP active/deactivated
5. Both mod cars/tracks and stock Kunos cars/tracks
6. Monitored FPS with AS in-game pane. At times FPS seem to drop - but others it doesn't (maybe I'm not glancing at it quick enough???)
7. Always on full-screen mode
8. Monitor temps and usage using HWINFO64 and/or AfterBurner. Always check out as good - doesn't throttle.
9. Updated Nvidia drivers
10. Windows 10 is up to date
11. Tried different USB ports ( 3.0 and 3.1 - both on the MOBO)
12. Sol_VR and Natural_Mod_Rift PP filters
13. Launched VR via SteamVR and straight from Oculus app

The only obvious thing I have not tried at this point is to lower the Oculus PPD. Going to do that next.

Any thoughts? I'm really banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out. I really don't need stellar visuals, just need to be able to drive without these hiccups. Then I can worry about improving how it all looks.

Thanks in advance.
Scott

• Deleted member 197115

Check playback recording settings, lower or disable. Could be just hdd access.

Check playback recording settings, lower or disable. Could be just hdd access.

Andrew,

Just to clarify, are you talking about the "Replays" section in the Settings>Assetto Corsa>Misc>Replays? In that section I can deselect "Replays Autosave" feature. Will this completely eliminate any writing to HDD? I can also Turn "Replays" to minimum (8hz) with max file size of 10MB, but no option to completely turn it off.

I don’t want to curse it - but I turned those settings down to minimum. And turned off the auto save function. So far so much better. Didn’t have time to push it - but hopefully tomorrow I can get some seat time.

Thanks for the help!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 363 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years