Need some Racer Expertise :D

Hi i am i need of help.

29500567.jpg

As you see in the image is a Vauxhall Astra. I have 2 problems.

1. The tire is stuck in the Road how am i able to raise is? (I have tried changing the positioning of the wheel via susp x,y,z )

2. I how do i get rid of the shininess of the wheel. I know it has something do to with shaders but i can't quite figure it out : /

Thank you very much in advance!

1. goto the wheel section in the car.ini and find radius and increase the size.

2. I would look at cars with CG shaders, as I can't off the top of my head remember the shader you need for tires.

I've tried to see many different CG car .shd but i can't seem to get my head around them : /, Is there anyone willing to be of my assistance with making this car?

As you can see it is made up of so many Matte things so i have assigned them to body.tga

1.In the Car.shd how do i add all the Matte things like below because most of the car is made of them xD (for example the body colour):

scaled.php

2. SORTED :D

Please help me someone! Urgently.

how do i do that?

here is what i have done:
scaled.php

And this is what is in my car.shd:

;this is for the rim and the brakedisc...
shader_oal_tex_spec~vf_standard
{
layer0
{
map=OAL_tex.tga
}
}
;this is for the tread
shader_gar_p1b_spec~vf_standard
{
layer0
{
map=gar_p1b.tga
}
}
shader_matte_spec
{
layer0
{
map=body.tga
texgen_s=sphere_map
texgen_t=sphere_map
emission=1. 1. 1. 1.
}
layer1
{
map=$trackenvmap
texgen_s=reflection_map
texgen_t=reflection_map
texgen_r=reflection_map
emission=1. 1. 1. 1.
blendfunc=filter
}
layer2
{
map=body.tga
blendfunc=dst_alpha src_alpha
mipmap=1
}
}

If you want to make a material a matte finish just add a low specular value. In the case of your tire tread shader try the following....

Code:
shader_gar_p1b_spec~vf_standard
{
layer0
{
map=gar_p1b.tga

ambient=.2 .2 .2          ; This controls the color on the dark side of your object, anything above .5 or so is going to glow in the dark.

diffuse=1 1 1                ; This controls the color of the tire on the lighted side.

specular=.03 .03 .03  ; The is the bright spot you see on your tire. This value will be pretty dull/dark.

shininess=10                ; This controls how small the bright spot is for specular values.
  }
}

I hope this helps you.
Alex Forbin

Thank you good sir :) So does this mean that i must make a TGA for every matte in my material editor? (i began by naming them matte1 matte2 etc.)

Ok Guys :) thanks for all the help i got the hang of applying shaders, I am very curious though. Because my car is a converted car, how do i make the steering wheel turn?

Just separate the wheel from the car and save it as a separate file, for example swheel.dof
Make sure the wheel is centered in the modeler program before you save it or it will wobble off center.
In the car.ini look for the steering section (look at the default car.ini for an example) and make sure it says swheel.dof and you're good to go.

Alex Forbin

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back