Need some help.

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
I wrote this post in an event thread which I shouldn't have done as it is a bit off-topic. So it may be a little off in some areas, but I need some help with some particular issues I'm having.

The only thing I've noticed between environments, the want for a better word. Is a weaker only slightly and could be my imagination is Force Feedback in the time trial. In between test day and time trial. I have not tried multiplayer, yet.
The only problem I'm having at the moment is an assigning function to my wheel. Some are just not working. For instance, cycle motec LCD despite a button selected on my wheel, assigned in the game, it will not work despite what I use. I have the same sort of behaviour with KERS and DRS.
I'm also having a small issue with the brake bias it works, but it's telling me when I select what's which I want to use it's two different ones. On the same switch, it says Joy pov 0 up bias and joy button 31 down bias. This is nuts.

Rotary switches do not work at all. In a manner that you would expect. As in taking the anti-roll bar up and down on the front one switch and another switch for the back cannot get these to work in any shape or form except up one and back again. This is nuts.
And there's no assignment for any button to increase or decrease traction control. As I'm for using multiple settings during a lap, this is bloody terrible for me. The default setting for this is K where it gives you off, low, high what the bloody hell is that meant to mean. Having the going to the menu where it has 0 to 100percent is no indication in what is low and what is high. I suppose you would have to set it in the menu so let's say 25% would be considered Low by the k key and have the high on 60% the K key would?. So you would only have two fixed choices while on the track. Me no like this.

And one other thing that annoys me is the engine on idle when you're setting up the car.
Who's bloody idea was this to have your engine running in the background while you're either trying to have a conversation or work on your bloody car. This is driving me bloody crazy. Who on gods green earth even in real life has their engine running while setting up their car.
If anybody knows any method of turning this sound off, please say.

Last edited:
You can assign certain functions multiple times to the same button if they are "modal" .ie. if they can perform a separate function when paused or when the in-car-management menu is active. This can cause issues, and be difficult to track down with setups which are very different to standard game controller conventions. Look for non-driving related bindings that may be borrowing buttons you expect to use while driving for other functions.

One thing to look for is to make sure you have bound in car management to buttons on your wheel or other controller that are not used for anything else. Try and stay away from buttons recognized as dpad or button 5 or 6 as they are by default bound to menu navigation and confirm/back in the rest of the non-driving UI. (You can rebind them if you know what everything in the UI expects, but it's not easy.)

Another thing to look for is AI takes over any mandatory function you don't have a binding for, so things like lights, wipers, ignition etc. Even if you have auto-ignition off, if you don't have a binding for it the AI will turn your car on anyway. If you don't like this behavior make sure you at least have a keyboard key bound.

I can't help you with your specific setup, but these are some of the things I discovered when trying to migrate to a new wheel, so maybe the above may clarify some of your issues.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back