Need some help with VR!

Hi, When i get in a car now and use the recenter button i can no longer adjust my seating position with the wsqa buttons. Keybinds are setup like they should tough. In open wheelers i can sort of make it work but thats about it! Im just floating out there or hidding somewhere in the car:confused: Using HTC Vive

Last edited:
Hi Ross, yeah its a strange one. It is the seat adjustment keys that are binded to WSQA. Always used this keys in the past. Now i can only use the VR reset button but thay is not helping much. Only thing i noticed is since a couple of days i can watch the gameplay on my screen (laptop) dont know if thats something:unsure:

Yeah, the seat adjustment function is the one I use for VR too. Some of the default views are awful, either far too close to the steering wheel or somewhere inside the seat headrest. :O_o:

I have no idea what would suddenly stop them from working. It's not related to whether your monitor is on or off (as you asked in the NSU thread) as I adjust mine all the time, with monitor both enabled/disabled. It's also not possible (as far as I'm aware) to bind two functions to the same key, so there shouldn't be any conflicts. Have you tried binding the functions to different keys instead? I use the cursor keys for seat adjustment myself.

The default views are indeed terrible and bearly get the FRX17 to work.
Yes i have tried different key bindings on the keyboard. Only thing left to try is binding them too the wheel i guess.
Help is appreciated @Ross Garland @QWASZX cheers guys!:thumbsup:

I would try to re-bind the Camera toggle key, and cycle through the different camera views until you are seated inside the cockpit, then use Re-center key followed by the Seat adjustment keys.

* Re-bind all keys for the sake of it
** If this doesn't work, choose a different default Controller Profile and try again

Hmm... there's an idea... are you definitely adjusting the cockpit view? You haven't moved to a different camera by accident, and are trying to adjust the bonnet cam to be behind your steering wheel or something, have you? Probably a dumb question, but I'm running out of ideas! :p

I would try to re-bind the Camera toggle key, and cycle through the different camera views until you are seated inside the cockpit, then use Re-center key followed by the Seat adjustment keys.

* Re-bind all keys for the sake of it
** If this doesn't work, choose a different default Controller Profile and try again
That did it! had to cycle trough to some views and ended up in the cockpit and better yet i can move the seat again with the keys. a great thank you!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%