Need some help with Fanatec CSL Elite

Just got a CSL Elite wheel base with the P1 rim for PC/XBone two days ago, but I can't quite get the feel right. Whether it's Assetto Corsa or Raceroom, I feel like the FFB is either way too heavy, or way too light near the center and I can't quite feel when the wheels understeer. Also, when I try to drift in AC or I simply oversteer in R3, the wheel springs back like crazy, despite the fact I have spring at 0! This causes a snap oversteer and controlling any slide is virtually impossible. I'm running v311 firmware on PC.
Any kind of help would be much appreciated

I've tried all the settings from off all the way to 5, but it did not help much
It goes into minus numbers too. My wheel had a load of dampening by default too, this just made the wheel slow and heavy felling.. I turned that way down to 10% or something like that and used a negative drift number of -3 I think (my rigs packed away so this is all off the top of my head).

Upvote 0
It goes into minus numbers too. My wheel had a load of dampening by default too, this just made the wheel slow and heavy felling.. I turned that way down to 10% or something like that and used a negative drift number of -3 I think (my rigs packed away so this is all off the top of my head).
How do I change the value to negative? If I try to lower the value below OFF nothing happens

Upvote 0
the CSL does not go negative on the drift settings. My theory on setting up my FFB on the CSL is as follows.

Start with default settings on CSL
Make changes in game to try and achieve target FFB feel / strength
Make changes on wheel to fine tune FFB feel / strength.

I agree that if the wheel re centers too quickly you will want to reduce your DRI setting on the wheel. I also run low SPR and DPR settings for the most part.

Another tip, make a video / document your wheel settings once you are happy with them. When firmware is upgraded you will loose all your on wheel pre sets. I don't think the v331 is current firmware but its been a while since I have checked.

Upvote 0
Only the V2.5 and CSL Elite Racing Wheel for PS4 (and Wheel Base +) have both negative and positive DRI values. This is because they share upgraded motor electronics.

@Janke Following from scottiedawg66's suggestion, you could also make a video of this snap oversteer issue and post it here, because it's hard to understand what you mean.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%
  • < 5 years