Need Some Help Installing Mods

K

Kyle Evers

• Kyle Evers

So I just got rFactor today, and I downloaded the DTM 2007 mod. I tried about 4 different ways of extracting the folders but whenever I go to the vehicles menu in rFactor, there are no DTM cars. Could someone post a link on how to install mods/cars? I can install tracks, just not mods and cars.

Almost all mods use this technique;

1. Installers
2. Extracting only

For the Installers;
Just start the .exe and for 99% of the installers you have to point the folder to the rFactor root folder. So if your game is installed in x:\rFactor then point the installer to x:\rFactor.

For the extracting;
Most of them are zip/rar. Open it and see if you recognize the GameData and rfm folders (and some other folders too). Once found, that part is actually the root of the mod/car. Select all the files and folders and drag it to the rFactor root folder.

Hope that helps a bit.

In your signature you say you've got 4Gb of Ram which suggests you may be using a 64-bit Windows. If so, if you installed rF in its default directory it will be in C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor.

A few mods automatically point at the ordinary Program Files folder ;)

Another quick tip...

If you have quite a lot of mods installed (like me), then it can get quite annoying when you load the game with one mod "activated" and you have to go into the "player" menu to change to another mod before you can use it. I use a little program called "rFactor Mod Launcher" which allows you to lauch straight into the mod of your choice. It also lets you choose a few "mod specific" settings, which is really nice.

You can get it here - http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=rFactor Mod Launcher (rfactorcentral account required - foc)

Hope this is useful!

• Kyle Evers

Almost all mods use this technique;

1. Installers
2. Extracting only

For the Installers;
Just start the .exe and for 99% of the installers you have to point the folder to the rFactor root folder. So if your game is installed in x:\rFactor then point the installer to x:\rFactor.

For the extracting;
Most of them are zip/rar. Open it and see if you recognize the GameData and rfm folders (and some other folders too). Once found, that part is actually the root of the mod/car. Select all the files and folders and drag it to the rFactor root folder.

Hope that helps a bit.

So I have Winrar. I download the mod (in this case, I am trying to get the DTM 2007 mod), I just place the GameData folder of the mod into the main rFactor folder (C:/Program Files/rFactor) adn then do the same thing with the rFm mod? Or do I take the GameData folder from the mod and extract it to the GameData folder (C:/Program Files/rFactor/GameData) on my computer? And the same for the rFm folder?

So I have Winrar. I download the mod (in this case, I am trying to get the DTM 2007 mod), I just place the GameData folder of the mod into the main rFactor folder (C:/Program Files/rFactor) adn then do the same thing with the rFm mod? Or do I take the GameData folder from the mod and extract it to the GameData folder (C:/Program Files/rFactor/GameData) on my computer? And the same for the rFm folder?

Either of those descriptions would work. The only thing to be careful of is if you have a previous version of the mod installed. If you've got a fresh install of rFactor, you shouldn't have any problems.

Correct - if you have a GameData folder inside winrar, then extract it to your rFactor folder (which already has a GameData folder) - It will just add the files that are different from the rar, it won't remove what's already there. And the same thing for the rFm folder - if there's one in the rar file, just extract it into your rFactor folder and all should be good.. :dance2:

• Kyle Evers

Okay, thanks :). I could have sworn I did that, but I guess it didn't work the first time.

Edit: Yeah, when I try DTM 2007, it's not working. Could anyone help?

Hi - could you be a bit more specific when you say it's not working. Can you see the DTM2007 mod in the "Player" screen? If so, does the game crash when you select it, or when you attempt to load a track?

(I have a LOT of experience with sorting problems with mods, so if you can give me a bit more info, I'm sure I can help you get it up and running)

• Kyle Evers

Well I just downloaded and .exe version of DTM 2007 and installed it to C:/Program Files/rFactor. After that, I ran rFactor. I checked under all of the cars when you go to "Vehicles," right under "Settings," you know. I looked through everything and couldn't find any DTM cars.

And no, I cannot find anything related to DTM on the "Player" screen. Any more specfics needed?

OK - to change mods on rFactor, you have to go to the "Player" screen, then click the button next to "Racing Series" - this will present you with a list of installed series (the ones that come with the game and any installed mods). The DTM2007 mod should be in this list.

Can you confirm whether you've tried the above and we'll go from there!

Cheers

• Kyle Evers

Ok, let me check.

Edit: No, there is not. I also looked through the files in my rFactor folder and there seems to be no DTM files.

• Kyle Evers

Well now I can see where it says DTM 2007 but when I click on it, it won't load. By they way - the problem was that Winrar was not working correctly, so I used 7zip.

• hemi527

hey

yes im having trouble loading tracks and cars mods... when the rfactor game starts and when i select the track i want to play it does not load...and the car mods are not even showing up...what im i doing wrong can someone please help...thank u for any help

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.3%