Need some help, game won't start

Brandon Wright

I may not be fast, but I'm wide!
I purchased and installed the Sim Bin bundle from Steam yesterday. Played several of the games yesterday and everything was working great. Now today they will not open. I get a warning "Race_Steam1.2.10 has crashed. Please submit the file "C:\users\myname\race_steam1.2.1.10-20141129-161201-6272-5404.dmp" along with a description of what you think could have caused the crash to a developeer near you".

I had tried to install a custom "mod" track. It loaded up fine at first, then I exited to play another game for a little bit and when I tried to start GTR Evo again I get the error above. I have uninstalled all games and reinstalled them through Steam and I still have the problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the reply. No, I didn't do either of those. I just got into the PC world last week so I don't know the in's and out's yet. The game folders were cleared out of the Steamapps folder but I didn't check My Documents. Could you point me to a "how to" for the things you mentioned?

Heya - welcome to the wonderful world of Race 07 (and its reasons for a crash ;))

As you've already reinstalled, we'll skip that option - next up, I would try the following:
  • Startup (with administrator rights, if possible - even more so if it doesn't save settings) the "Config.exe" file in "<YourSteamInstallDirectory>\SteamApps\Common\Race 07" and make sure the settings look alright. Something as simple as a graphic card's driver update can mess with this as the internal identifier of the card might've changed.
  • As Connor mentioned, you can try to delete your user profile folder located in "MyDocuments" - simply hit the windows key + R and copy this:
    Code:
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\SimBin\
    Hit OK, and you should be in a folder containing a "Race 07" folder - delete this (make a backup first, if you care about setups etc.), set up your Config.exe again and start the game.
  • As mentioned by Connor, Steam can check your Race 07 install and repair it, if necessary - just right-click the game, click "properties" (guessed translations, sorry ;)), "local files" and "check integrity". This might take a while and a re-download of damaged/modded files, though
Good luck!

I still don't see the option from there. I'm on Windows 8 and I've never used it before so I'm a bit lost. But, I uninstalled everything today, deleted all the folders and started redownloading the games one at a time, starting with Race07. I did a quick test after it downloaded and it opened, hopefully everything will still work when I get the rest downloaded. I've been playing iracing and AC but the touring car, formula car and vintage car racing on GTR Evo is a real blast so I'm hoping to get it working again!

Thanks for your help. :thumbsup:

I have the same problem as Brandon. When I wanted to join Mini Friday race and first started R07 it ended with game crash and minidump file. At the second start everything looked good until I've joined the server and my car was not a Mini but safety car. Third restart solved all problems. Until today.. I just can't start the game.
Now I'm runing verification of integrity..
Edit1: Verification completed. After verification on first start of the game pops-up first time run menu. After picking-up for advanced options whole PC stops.
Edit: After PC restart, I've manually started setup.exe from R07 directory. And after that game runs perfect.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing