Need some Guidance

Good day Everyone

I currently have a Logitech G29 wheel and pedal set I'm looking at a little upgrade as my dad is joining me with sim racing and I was thinking of getting a Thrustmaster T300Rs with nonpro T3pa pedals as my budget does not allow for the better pedals, and giving him the G29.

Would you recommend this as an upgrade or do I just get another G29? I have also read that there are some reliability issues with the T300RS is that true?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Last edited:
I don't have experience with the trustmaster products but I went from a Logitec set up to a Fanatec CSL elite belt driven wheel. I feel there is a noticeable improvement in most areas. I think you will find the belt driven systems smoother and I think it will be you a good bit more strength if you want it.

I also remember reading a bit about some reliability issue with the T300 but I think part of that is that they sell so many of them. It really is a pretty popular wheel.

Upvote 0
I have also read that there are some reliability issues with the T300RS is that true?
I had my T300 since 2016 and have no serious reliability issues, sometimes i get the "FFB fade" after about 45minutes - 1 hour but it only happens if i run 100% in the Thrustmaster control panel. At 75 %(recommended) settings all good. EDIT* almost forgot there is a mode you can select where the fan is always on should help with the FFB fade.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My T300 RS never put a foot wrong in 5 years of ownership.

The FFB fade can usually be overcome by upgrading the firmware which will allow you to turn the cooling fan on permanently as mentioned above. I used do run hotlap sessions for hours at a time and very rarely experienced any fade.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back