Need Help!

I am working on a Drag Racing mod for RF 2 and I need a ton of help. I am not familiar with RF 2 modding. I can do the physics myself but when it comes to getting the car to show up in game at all I have no clue what to do. I need someone to show me step by step or someone wo would like to help out on the mod so I can have some help instead of just me and a 3d artist. I need to get one car in before the 17th of May to show to some investors that might want to help me build a full body simulator for it so if you can help please contact me soon!

Did you see this resource? It contains everything for a whole car mod, 3d files, templates, sound etc etc. It could answer questions you might have.

If you still need to create everything than I doubt you will make it before the may 17th.

Do you have the official ISI tutorial, it helped me a lot.
Car Modding Complete Tutorial v1.0 PDF | Download Max2010

I cannot help you any further as I just don't have the time for it. Good luck!

I have all the models and the physics but I will definitely use the LMS as a base but my main problem is getting all of it to work. For example I tried to change the tire location yesterday and it would no longer load in dev mode.

Last edited:
I have all the models and the physics but I will definitely use the LMS as a base but my main problem is getting all of it to work. For example I tried to change the tire location yesterday and it would no longer load in dev mode.

Make sure all pivot points of all 3D objects point to x=0, y=0 ,z=0
Only the for the wheels is it different.
- set the pivot point of the tire to the center of the tire, align the pivot points of the rim, brakedisc, disc glow, to the center of the tire. You got 4 tires, so each wheel has it's own pivot point. The calipers pivot points to x=0, y=0 ,z=0.

In the hdv file set the wheel base and width to 0.

If you make the export the meshes, make sure to keep the LOD IN and OUT which matches with the gen file.
When working with the max, high, med low details you need to keep those in mind aswell.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%