Need help with VR or Content Manager

Hey everyone, I've been trying to resolve a problem I'm having that makes zero sense. So the problem I have is, after I've opened up SteamVR and Content Manager, and then try to launch into a track regardless of online or solo, I will have zero input from all my controls, wheel, pedals, etc. I can repeat this consistently and get the same result. Now, when I go into settings to get my wheel and peripherals reading again, any time I try and load into either a solo or online lobby, my game will freeze trying to load the vehicle data. It'll say loading track name, then get to the car and freeze after about three seconds and the loading bars never move again. I let the game sit for a good five minutes to see if it loads and its a no go. This will happened with both Kunos and mod content. The only mods I have installed are CSP 1.60, Sol, and a few cars and tracks that all worked in the past. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the base game and content manager and that didn't help. The only time I've been able to get the game to completely launch, is when going through the base game launcher. The only problem with that is, none of the buttons on my wheel will work, which I need working because I have various controls mapped to those buttons. I don't know if its a VR issue or Content manager issue, but I would very much appreciate some help from the community. Thanks guys.

Solution
Thanks for the help everyone, I was able to get it working. I just had to update to sol 2.1.3 and change the controller scrip and weather script to the newest version of sol.
I've had a somewhat similar issue in the past, but not quite the same. What I experienced was the loading into game and having none of my equipment register inputs. I was using VR, but it didn't seem to be related to that. For me, the cause was opening CM before plugging in my wheel and shifter. I didn't have a permanent rig at the time, so I had to unplug and store my wheel/shifter when I was finished with them. Once I started plugging everything in before opening CM, then checking that inputs registered before launching a session I stopped having said issue. I'm not sure this is helpful or relevant to your situation, but I figured I'd reply on the off chance it is. Best of luck getting your situation sorted.

Ok so update on what I've tried so far using your guys suggestions. Cote Dazer, I was wrong in saying it worked fine using single screen, I get the same result when using VR or single screen. I've tired downgrading to CSP 1.46, the recommended one below 1.60 and got no change. I also updated all my wheel and stuffs firmware, content manager and video drivers. DrPenguin87, I have a moveable rig so I don't think my issues stem from there. The thing is if I launch a track through CM immediately after opening it, it will load into the game just fine, but I won't have any controls from any of my devices, only being able to hit escape on my keyboard and exit the race. But if I launch CM, then go to inputs to make sure they're registering, and then launch into track it will completely lock up my computer with the only way to regain control being either to sign out of my computer and log back in, or when I have VR hooked up, close SteamVR. I'm fairly sure its a content manager side issue, because I can launch the game and have everything work just fine going through the AC launcher, and not going through CM.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 120 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing