F1 2020 Need help with modding my team career

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)
hello everyone,

can someone maybe help me download and install everything into my team career? (discord, screenshare). its my first time doing it and i want to do it right, so everything looks good immediatly. i know there are tutorials and u can copy paste it but i still dont understand a lot of things and want to do it manually instead of copy and paste. Someone who has done it before pls help!

Tim

but how do i fix it when i make a mistake? and i also dont know where to put a lot of the things i downloaded, a helmet for example

Always keep a backup of a (clean install) of the F1 2020 folder - it’ll save you some (but not all) tears of frustration & perhaps even a little bit of time to boot when you inevitably make a blunder...

That way fixing a mistake is as simple as deleting the entire F1 2020 install & copying the backup in its place.

Below I’ve quoted a reply to a thread last week asking similar questions to you.

Happy to answer any questions you’ve got as you’re working through it, just send me a DM - word of warning tho, I’m in Australia so you may have to wait a while for the answer because of the time difference.

Last edited:
Here you go - relates to changing the drivers boots, cap, gloves, helmet & suit:

The Racenet drivers suit files are:

1) racenet01_livery_d.tif
2) racenet01_livery_n.tif
3) racenet01_logo_01_d.tif
4) racenet01_logo_01_n.tif

Which are saved in:

F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\character_package\team_livery\racenet01\racenet01.erp

&

F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\character_package\team_livery\racenet01\racenet01_gloves.erp

To change colours of the suit, export racenet01_livery_d.tif with ERP Archiver, open the exported racenet01_livery_d.tif.dds file in Photoshop/GIMP, use the magic wand tool to select the (block of) colour on the suit you want to change & the paint bucket tool with your colour of choice on the selected area.

Once you've made all your desired changes, Save the file with the same dds settings as the original file exported from the game, before using ERP archiver to overwrite the original files with your modded ones in both *.erp files in the team_livery\racenet01 folder.

It's the exact same process to change colours for the:

- boots (racenet01_boots_d.tif & racenet01_boots_n.tif)

&

- cap (racenet01_cap_d.tif, racenet01_cap_n.tif & racenet01_cap_s.tif);

For the helmet & gloves, the Racenet ones can't actually be selected in the customization section in-game (despite the presence of the files), so use the fom01/F170 team livery instead. These are called:

Gloves
1) fom01_glove_d.tif
2) fom01_glove_logo_d.tif
3) fom01_glove_logo_n.tif
4) fom01_glove_logo_s.tif
5) fom01_glove_n.tif
6) fom01_glove_s.tif

Helmet
1) fom01_helmet_d.tif
2) fom01_helmet_s.tif
3) fom01_helmet_wing_d.tif
4) fom01_helmet_wing_s.tif
5) fom01_visor_attachments_d.tif
6) fom01_visor_attachments_s.tif

Which are saved in:

1) team_livery\fom01\fom01.erp

2) team_livery\fom01\fom01_gloves.erp

3) team_livery\fom01\fom01_helmet.erp

Then follow the exact same process as the Driver's Suit, Boots & Cap.

Changing the actual design is a lot more involved & using the original F1/F2 team textures as a base, in conjunction with JBuron's 3D models/templates is highly recommended in order to get everything lined up & looking good without having to launch in/out of the game constantly.

Hope this helps :whistling:

Time permitting, maybe I’ll make a video tutorial of my own while I’m adding everything modded back into the game after the next update is released (which shouldn’t be too far away).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 218 14.2%