Need Help with Discord

Jack Smith

Premium
Not very familiar with Discord at all. I have an Discord account but I have not used Discord for many months. I am trying to join the rfactor2 group which I was able to do in the past. I had to get a windows 10 reinstall several months ago. I don't know if that can cause an issue. I assume that I am logged on to Discord because in My Account Discord gives the option to log out in red. When trying to join the rfactor2 group today it is padlocked and shows voice (locked). I can't seem to figure out how to unlock the voice ... if that is what is needed. Thanks for any help concerning this issue would be appreciated.

Jack

Last edited:
Hmm. Not sure a Win10 reinstall should matter, but are your Discord-account linked here: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/connected-accounts/ ?
Hi Ole ... I have no idea ...how would I determine that ..... look somewhere in Discord? When I say My Account I am referring to the User Settings cog next to my Discord name called pensioned #7638. Like I said.. I know next to nothing about Discord. When I was racing before Teamspeak was the program used and when I came back people had more to Discord.

Hi Ole ... I have no idea ...how would I determine that ..... look somewhere in Discord? When I say My Account I am referring to the User Settings cog next to my Discord name called pensioned #7638. Like I said.. I know next to nothing about Discord. When I was racing before Teamspeak was the program used and when I came back people had more to Discord.

When you click the link: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/connected-accounts/
Does it say "Associate with Discord"? If so, you have to click it, and do that :) If it says "Disassociate Discord account" then it should work. If it doesn't say anything it works about as good as rF2 on a rainy night...
Either way, if it says "associate with discord" click that. If it doesn't, then @Neilski will have to help out, because my powers stop way before that point!

H Neilski .... I believe you would be referring to pensioned #7638.
OK, seems like you may have more than one Discord account then. That one isn't recognised as a Premium user which would be consistent with you not having access to the voice channel. (Btw, the little padlock icon remains in place even when you do have access, but
We actually have two Premium accounts linked to the server using the name "Jack Smith": Jack Smith#1228 and Jacc#1599. Is one of them another account belonging to you by any chance?

When you click the link: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/connected-accounts/
Does it say "Associate with Discord"? If so, you have to click it, and do that :) If it says "Disassociate Discord account" then it should work. If it doesn't say anything it works about as good as rF2 on a rainy night...
Either way, if it says "associate with discord" click that. If it doesn't, then @Neilski will have to help out, because my powers stop way before that point!
Shown in a list is ..Facebook, Twitter, Google, Microsoft, and Discord. All but Discord have " associate with" followed by their name. Below Discord is ... empty box .... Disassociate Discord account

OK, seems like you may have more than one Discord account then. That one isn't recognised as a Premium user which would be consistent with you not having access to the voice channel. (Btw, the little padlock icon remains in place even when you do have access, but
We actually have two Premium accounts linked to the server using the name "Jack Smith": Jack Smith#1228 and Jacc#1599. Is one of them another account belonging to you by any chance?
Well my name is Jack Smith but I have no idea if I have another account. Where would I check? I was not aware that I had a Discord account under the name pensioned. When I was on Discord several months ago it was under the name Jack Smith # ???? because we have to use our real name ... as you know. Any ideas as what to do from here?

Well my name is Jack Smith but I have no idea if I have another account. Where would I check? I was not aware that I had a Discord account under the name pensioned. When I was on Discord several months ago it was under the name Jack Smith # ???? because we have to use our real name ... as you know. Any ideas as what to do from here?
Well, thinking about it, I am pretty confident that a successful association event will trigger a nickname change on Discord (via our bot) to your forum username, which means I should be able to answer my question and infer that the account our bot thinks you own is the one called Jack Smith. [edit: but maybe this isn't the case and in any event you may no longer have access to that account even if it was once yours]

OK, I reckon the simplest fix here is gonna be the brute-force one: if you hit the disassociate button and then re-associate with Discord (I'm told by someone who understands this stuff much better than me that doing this with Discord running and logged in is helpful) then it should automatically sort itself out...

Last edited:
Fantastic !!!!! :thumbsup: It worked. I also found a password for an "My Account " for pensioned#7638 in my book of passwords. No idea of why I created that but was probably trying to follow some messages from Discord and not understanding what I was doing? Anyway, I noticed the My Account in the Discord is still
pensioned#7638 but my name ... Jack smith ... does appear in the rFactor2 chat list. Any reason to change the username to Jack Smith or just leave as is? I see how to change the username in the Discord ... User Settings.
Thanks for the help. :)

Last edited:
Fantastic !!!!! :thumbsup: It worked.
Excellent! :)
Anyway, I noticed the My Account in the Discord is still
pensioned#7638 but my name ... Jack smith ... does appear in the rFactor2 chat list. Any reason to change the username to Jack Smith or just leave as is?
Yes, this renaming was done by our Discord bot, which recognises you as a Premium member and upgrades your access on the channel, as well as changing your channel nickname to match your forum account username. It'll also make it easier in the future for admins to help you if the nickname continues to match your forum account :thumbsup:

Excellent! :)

Yes, this renaming was done by our Discord bot, which recognises you as a Premium member and upgrades your access on the channel, as well as changing your channel nickname to match your forum account username. It'll also make it easier in the future for admins to help you if the nickname continues to match your forum account :thumbsup:
I will attempt to change the username to Jack Smith

Jack

Last edited:
Anyway, I noticed the My Account in the Discord is still
pensioned#7638 but my name ... Jack smith ... does appear in the rFactor2 chat list.
In this post, "does appear" made me happy...
I will attempt to change the username to Jack Smith
...but now I suspect you forgot the word "not" in that first post? If so, weird - I will recheck the audit log to see if I can understand why the bot didn't change your nickname...

Edit: audit log confirms that account ending #7638 was indeed renamed to nickname Jack Smith at 02:57 BST today, just 5 minutes before you posted above. So if your nickname is now something other than Jack Smith, I'm puzzled! :)
Oh, and account Jack Smith#1228 was stripped of the Premium role just 3 minutes before that, which I suspect will have been when you disassociated your account here on the forum; this would again indicate that you have had (at least) two Discord accounts.

Edit: One more edit! :D I am starting to suspect that you're concerned about this bit: "My Account in the Discord is still pensioned#7638". If so, don't be. That's your Discord username, which is separate from the nickname you use on any given channel (e.g. RD, SGP etc.). As far as I know, you can't change your Discord username, but you can have a different nickname on every channel and even change them whenever you wish.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back