DiRT Rally Need help with customizing mechanical damage

Hi :) I've been fiddling for weeks customising mechanical damage, making it if I hit things at 50+ your not able to drive away which I have managed in fact I've managed everything except realistic tyre punctures/ bursts

Code:
    <!--Tyre damage parameters
      wheelBurstMultiple - Multiple of car mass to trigger burst
      wheelPunctureMultiple - Multiple of car mass to trigger puncture
      wheelBurstSpeed - When punctured driving above this speed eventually causes wheels to burst
      wheelBurstTravel - When punctured driving at speed more than this amount(m) the wheel bursts-->
    <TYRE
        wheelBurstMultiple="90.00000"
        wheelPunctureMultiple="51.50000"
        wheelBurstSpeed="36.000000"
        wheelBurstTravel="100.000000">
    </TYRE>    <!--Tyre damage parameters
      wheelBurstSpeed - When punctured driving above this speed eventually causes wheels to burst
      wheelBurstTravel - When punctured driving at speed more than this amount(m) the wheel bursts-->
    <TYRE
        wheelBurstMultiple="32.50000"
        wheelPunctureMultiple="88.50000"
        wheelBurstSpeed="14.000000"
        wheelBurstTravel="100.000000">
    </TYRE>

This is what I've got! Bare in mind this is the original

Code:
    <TYRE
        wheelBurstMultiple="22.00000"
        wheelPunctureMultiple="11.00000"
        wheelBurstSpeed="25.000000"
        wheelBurstTravel="400.000000">
    </TYRE>

As you can see the first code is a lot more different than the second but I don't get anymore puntures so I thought maybe lowering values might be the way to go so I had this

Code:
    <TYRE
        wheelBurstMultiple="0.11111"
        wheelPunctureMultiple="0.11111"
        wheelBurstSpeed="2.000000"
        wheelBurstTravel="4.000000">
    </TYRE>
I drove about 1/4 of the stage and my wheels popped for no reason so I changed
Code:
    <TYRE
        wheelBurstMultiple="22.00000"
        wheelPunctureMultiple="11.00000"
        wheelBurstSpeed="12.500000"
        wheelBurstTravel="50.000000">
    </TYRE>

wheels didn't pop so I figured high was better for the (wheelBurstSpeed="xx.xxxxx) & wheelBurstTravel="xx.xxxxx") so I fiddled with it a bit more with no luck :(

Anyone got any ideas on how to increase the chance of punctures/bursts?
PS anyone know how to increase the chance of panels and wheels wing mirrors etc coming of when crashing?

You will need to play with much smaller number changes to get the effect you want.

wheeBurtMultiple / wheelPubcutreMulitple are the 2 key variables to use. These are pretty simple to understand, the applied mass on the wheel must be car_weight * variable or greater. So if you set it to 1, the tyres would burst the moment a bit of downforce is applied, as the wieght of the car is already on the wheels, and any downforce would increase it beyond the threshold

Making parts of a vehicle come off quicker is done in the seperate .ND2 files in each car directory

You will need to play with much smaller number changes to get the effect you want.

wheeBurtMultiple / wheelPubcutreMulitple are the 2 key variables to use. These are pretty simple to understand, the applied mass on the wheel must be car_weight * variable or greater. So if you set it to 1, the tyres would burst the moment a bit of downforce is applied, as the wieght of the car is already on the wheels, and any downforce would increase it beyond the threshold

Making parts of a vehicle come off quicker is done in the seperate .ND2 files in each car directory
Could you tell me the file directory and maybe a tool that opens them? Are you saying tyre puntures are different with each car? When ever I lower wheel burst and puncture etc lower than 22.500000 game just crashes

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back