Need help with cockpit ideas...

So I want to build a racing simulator in the closet. Closet doors are coming off, the tv's will be inside the closet and the cockpit will come outwards from the closet. My desk and rig are on the other side of the room. I have usb's ran through the attic so far for the steering wheel and e brake setup. My bigger question here right now is how do I hook up 3 4k tv's to my rig when I need 50 ft of cord to make it from my rig to the tv's? If I use hdmi that amount of length in wire will degrade my picture quality since I want to run all 3 tv's at 4k or at least 1440p. Another problem I have is how am I to run 2 different surround sound systems off the same computer as well? I guess this is the beginning of my problems. I have thought about trying to build this simulator into a custom desk and also used as a simulator but I have no clue how to do accomplish this either while being super easy to switch from keyboard and mouse gaming to sim gaming with a fixed racing seat. Heres some pics of what I have going on now. You can see my wheel and pedals out to the side and I am sick of all the back & forth attaching and reattaching nonsense. Not to mention i'm dying to get a slap shifter and an e brake going.
20170928_195325.jpg
20170928_195634.jpg

Why dont you put pc in closet or near it.
For non gaming things you can use wireless mouse and keyboard kn desk.
As for monitor you will have to do a research what is the max length of the cable that you can use.

Upvote 0
This is the rig I came up with. It folds up to a compact size and has wheels on the front so I can move it around easily. I used a USB hub attached to the rig. This allows me to use a single connection to my computer. I then installed a USB extension from my computer to my monitor "mount". My monitors were originally on a wooden platform as shown in my pics, but now I have built a custom base to use with the ergotech triple monitor mount. I put felt on the bottom of both monitor mounts so that it will slide across the desk easily. I put the computer behind the monitors in the unused space and use 6ft video cables to allow enough slack to slide the "assembly" out easily. I have updated my rig some since these pics, Ill take some pics and show you the updates if you'd like.

http://s177.photobucket.com/user/dbiker207/Sim Race Rig/story

Upvote 0
Makes more sense to me to place PC in the closet with rig, then buy a laptop. :)
It would be easier to have a long cable run back to the desk and for anything else you needed.

The cost of trying to do what you're wanting with cables and those high resolutions is giving you far too many factors and hurdles.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back