F1 2011 Need help with Canada

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Everyone,

I'm at Canada in my first season (hardly get chance to play it) and am struggling with the track in race conditions. I can't manage to make the chicanes unless I go pretty slow and have terrible trouble exiting the corner that Vettel messed up on in this year's race, experiencing terrible traction and awful understeer, I keep hitting the wall to the left.

I'm on xbox using a wheel and play with no assists. Here's some of my setup:

Wings: front: 4, rear: 4
Balance: f: 3, r: 9-10
Suspension: ride height: 1-1
Springs: f: 9, r: 7

I've tried chaging the camber and toe settings but must be doing something wrong, any help is appreciated as I've lost count of the number of times I've tried this race!

Yeah that extra ride height is necessary to keep control and speed in the chicanes as you want to use as much kerb as you can, especially the Wall of Champions Chicane. For Vettel's corner use as much kerb as you can when you hit the first apex, then you need to feather the throttle to bring it out near the wall on the left. Going flat out through the right hand bit won't yield the fastest time, even if you manage to not hit the wall.

If I remember correctly, my line through the 'Wall of Champions' chicane, is a line taking a fair bit of the first kerb, and essentially aiming for a spectator in the crowd who is holding up a blue umbrella ....... I just hope he never has to go to the toilet :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%