NEED HELP WITH AUTOMOBILISTA

I used to play automobilista pretty easily on my old laptop which was running intel hd graphics,
never encountered any issues with automobilista until i switched to my new laptop running intel irisxe(which easily runs project cars 1 & 2 along with automobilista 2), now even after i click continue the game does not launch whatsoever and doesn't seem to work at all. Automobilista is my go to sim racing title and any help by regarding this pop up thing and how to resolve this issue would be so so appreciated. Thank you

Screenshot (5).png

Last edited:
Hi, did you try checking the advance settings box?

I understand that this is a fresh install, if not, perhaps you could try deleting the Automobilista user folder too.
First of all thank you, secondly yess it was a fresh install and i did try to check the advance settings but it requires nvidia control panel to open but i have intel irisxe graphics so it just shuts the game off, i even tried to click the "continue anyway" but to no avail yet. If you have any suggestions regarding that it would be really really appreciated but still thank you for the reply i will try the user folder thing as well.

Sorry to hear you're having these issues @umrrr! FYI I don't have a computer with Xe graphics, but I'll offer some advice anyhow.

It occurred to me that installing the "Intel Graphics Command Center" might be helpful to you – sorta like the Nvidia control panel, but for Intel graphics. Also, I'd suggest reinstalling your Intel graphics and display drivers.

Did you never receive this popup with your Intel HD iGPU before? That suggests the game didn't think integrated graphics were a problem before. Maybe AMS can't see your Intel drivers, and thinks your laptop has no GPU at all? This would mean something must have gone wrong with the Intel drivers – and the likely solution would be to reinstall the drivers.

FYI development on AMS ended about a year before Xe graphics were released. So no updates for newer hardware compatibility. Maybe the game may not know what to do with newer, unfamiliar hardware like Xe? This seems really unlikely, though.

Sorry to hear you're having these issues @umrrr! FYI I don't have a computer with Xe graphics, but I'll offer some advice anyhow.

It occurred to me that installing the "Intel Graphics Command Center" might be helpful to you – sorta like the Nvidia control panel, but for Intel graphics. Also, I'd suggest reinstalling your Intel graphics and display drivers.

Did you never receive this popup with your Intel HD iGPU before? That suggests the game didn't think integrated graphics were a problem before. Maybe AMS can't see your Intel drivers, and thinks your laptop has no GPU at all? This would mean something must have gone wrong with the Intel drivers – and the likely solution would be to reinstall the drivers.

FYI development on AMS ended about a year before Xe graphics were released. So no updates for newer hardware compatibility. Maybe the game may not know what to do with newer, unfamiliar hardware like Xe? This seems really unlikely, though.
Thank you so much for the help, i will definitely try the method of intalling the comand center the game might launch through that. My previous very much "shitbox" laptop had intel hd graphics and automobilista still ran flawlessly with mods and everything. I will try both these methods and i'll probably keep you updated if it worked or not. Again thank you so much for the help, veryy much appreciated!!!

Edit: The process didn't work really. It has kept up the tradition of lauching the config and then proceeding to not launch the ACTUAL GAME which is unfortunate but regardless of the outcome thank you so much for the advice.

Last edited:
Darn, that's too bad. Sorry it didn't work!
Edit: The process didn't work really. It has kept up the tradition of lauching the config and then proceeding to not launch the ACTUAL GAME which is unfortunate but regardless of the outcome thank you so much for the advice.
Not sure what to recommend next. There MUST be a way to force the game to launch, regardless of your hardware! Perhaps this is a question worth asking on the Reiza forums? Maybe devs or experienced community members over there would have advice.

Another idea – what if you directly click and launch the AMS .exe in your Steam folder, thus bypassing the config screen? If that fails, investigate whether there's some other way to directly force the .exe to launch (without going through the config screen).

If the above fails, maybe test stuff that sometimes helps with older sims, like "run as administrator" and "compatibility mode"? I'm literally throwing random ideas at the wall, though, so I'm not confident these would help.

Darn, that's too bad. Sorry it didn't work!

Not sure what to recommend next. There MUST be a way to force the game to launch, regardless of your hardware! Perhaps this is a question worth asking on the Reiza forums? Maybe devs or experienced community members over there would have advice.

Another idea – what if you directly click and launch the AMS .exe in your Steam folder, thus bypassing the config screen? If that fails, investigate whether there's some other way to directly force the .exe to launch (without going through the config screen).

If the above fails, maybe test stuff that sometimes helps with older sims, like "run as administrator" and "compatibility mode"? I'm literally throwing random ideas at the wall, though, so I'm not confident these would help.
That's actually a great ideaa!!! i will try to directly launch the .exe, and yesss i did indeed ask it in the reiza forums so let's see how that goes, regardless of the outcome your help is greatly aprreciated thank you so much for that!!

I believe i saw that same screen once and it was because i didn't have DirectX 9 installed (PCars and AMS2 use Dx11, so the are unaffected). The installer should be in the 'Automobilista/_CommonRedist' folder.
Ok so i tried this method and also downloaded directx9 seperately to try and run it. In seprately installing it should i just drop it in the folder(which i did) but it didn't work. Thank you so much for the help regardless.

There's a file which is generated when you run the config app. It also seems to be automatically updated by AMS at every launch:

C:\Users\<your_username>\Documents\Automobilista\config.ini

I would:
  1. try to find a version coming from a PC running some supported Intel Graphics chip
  2. copy the values from that file, starting at "VideoRAM=xxxx", to mine. Especially, "VideoGUID", "VideoDriver" and "VideoMode"
  3. save the file, edit its properties and lock it in read-only.
Not sure this file is really important but after updating my PC to Windows10, I noticed it was always updated by the game upon launch and detecting my videocard incorrectly. Changing the value manually and setting the file to read-only does not bother AMS in any way based on my experience.
Maybe you can hack the app launch this way.

I used to play automobilista pretty easily on my old laptop which was running intel hd graphics,
never encountered any issues with automobilista until i switched to my new laptop running intel irisxe(which easily runs project cars 1 & 2 along with automobilista 2), now even after i click continue the game does not launch whatsoever and doesn't seem to work at all. Automobilista is my go to sim racing title and any help by regarding this pop up thing and how to resolve this issue would be so so appreciated. Thank you

View attachment 507784

Check out a similar problem by another user that we managed to solve. It sounds very similar to what you are having trouble with.

Launching game graphics problem

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years