Need help with AMS

I've made some posts on the Reiza forum for help, but I guess I should also post my questions here since there seem to be more people at RD.

1st question is about DynHUD.
I'm having trouble with DynHUD on my 5760*1080 triple setup. I made a screenshot under this resolution and put the screenshot in the DynHUD editor screenshot folder, and rename the screenshot file following the naming scheme of other files already in that folder. Then I use the editor and make my layout as shown below. However, when I launch the game, all the widgets are all on my center monitor.

I have made all widgets' position using pixel as unit. In the overlay.ini file the resolution is also correct:
Design_Resolution = "5760x1080"

All the widgets are indeed those I have chosen, and the font color, background color are also correct. However the location is wrong. Any tips?

3.jpg

2nd question is about automatic steering wheel soft lock.
p.png

c.png

I get sporadic steering lock issues.
Example 1, If I finish a session with Formula V10 (360 degrees), and then I switch to Camaro SS (900 degrees), I can get 900 degrees soft lock in game correctly. However if I then switch back to Formula V10, the steering soft lock stays at 900, and my steering ratio will be wrong.

Example 2, if the last time I play AMS I was driving Formula V10 with the correct 360 steering lock, the next time I launch AMS if I move my wheel more than 180 to one direction during loading screen, the soft lock will mess up and stay at 900 degrees.

In general, the automatic steering lock feels very random. I have found this piece of code in controller.ini:
Reset FFB Time="0.00000" // reset force feedback every X seconds (0 to disable)
Reset Steering Wheel Range Time="0.00000" // reset steering wheel range every X seconds (0 to disable)
Because there is hot key for resetting FFB, I'm assuming there should be some way to reset steering wheel range. I guess if I can reset the steering wheel range when I switch different cars, my problem will be solved. Any tips on that?

I just make sure to manually center my steering wheel before starting/exiting sessions. It makes life a lot simpler. I do it out of habit (and OCD) but it prevents any problems with what you're describing.
Even if I do that, when I switch cars the steering range doesn't always keep up. My finding of playing with wheel when the game loads stuff was done when I was testing and trying to figure out what's going on with the steering wheel settings. I've also got a friend who tells me that his G29 just doesn't have automatic steering range in AMS.

1st question. It cant be done , I tried and did exactly what you are doing with 5760 res and dynhud puts everything in the middle monitor. It only works if you turn off multiview

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back