Need help with AI drivers

I know this is basic, but I just can't find out how to make an AI driver to drive my car.
I need it to be able to record AI telemetry with the Motec plug in for analysis in Motec i2 Pro.

Grateful for any help!

Get in car press I. But i dont think it records any telemetry when AI-driven since AI drives in a different way. Someone will probably explain it in detail later....

First, apologies for late answer, but I just now came home from a family thing.

Thanks a lot Andreas for directing me to the I command. I've used that command before but my brain just did'nt make the connection to AI drivers and data logging when reading about it in the forum threads on the Motec Plugin.

And, I've just tested and indeed the data from the AI drive is recorded and can be opened in Motec i2 for analysis.

But there is a way to make AI use "human" physics. Some setting in the player.json and force a setup on a AI.

Thanks Gijs. I'll look into that.
I basically want to use the AI-data as an aid to learn new tracks by looking at braking points, curve speeds, throttle onset, etc for AI cars with a strenght set a bit above my own ability. However, it would really be interesting to be able to assign my own setups to the AI cars and perhaps get some clue on where and how I loose/gain time and to use that as a kind of "learning tool".

I think you'll get a lot of response on the ISI forum with this question.

I'll start a thread over there when I get a bit into the details.

However, it would really be interesting to be able to assign my own setups to the AI cars and perhaps get some clue on where and how I loose/gain time and to use that as a kind of "learning tool".
Hey Stenne,

You might find this application useful:http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/21289-rF2-Replay-Office-(set-of-tools)
With it you can load replays, 'cut' out a lap and 'paste' it into a new replay. You can add multiple clips so that your replay is layered over the top of the AI replay.

As others have mentioned though, the AI does not use the same physics data, so anything in this area should be used as a vague guide only. If you can get replays from others, that would be ideal.

Another thing you can do is ask a driver to save a Transparent trainer lap for you.
It needs to be the same car AND the same set up and similar ral road conditions.
He turns on TT and it will save a replay.
This creates a "TTS" file in user/player/settings/track name.

Get it sent to you. Put it in the same place in your install.
Turn on transparent trainer (I think you need to select "saved lap") and follow his/her lap.

If the person is really kind they will also send you a motec log.
Open your lap and their lap. Press F3 and you will see where the time is lost.

Many thanks Mat. I was'nt aware of this tool. It is really what I need and it will be most useful for a lot of what I intended to do with Motec.

If you can get replays from others, that would be ideal.
It shure would! I'm not driving on line but I suppose it would be OK to put up a request here on the forum??

Another thing you can do is ask a driver to save a Transparent trainer lap for you.

That would be reallly great! And as I said in my previous answer, I'm not driving on line but I suppose it would be OK to put up a request here on the forum??

Open your lap and their lap. Press F3 and you will see where the time is lost.

Big thanks for that Motec tip David. I'm learning Motec bit by bit and I had'nt discovered that Variance function. It is really useful.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%