Need Help with a VR Issue

I got ACC to load and run from Steam (using the ACC (VR) option), but the menu "screen" is way low between my feet. It's as if I'm sitting above the ceiling of the pits, and the menu "screen" is where it should be - about eye level inside the pits.

I probably need to set/center my VR view in ACC. Can someone tell me how that's done?

FWIW, I'm using a Lenovo Explorer headset (WMR) and it's working fine in other sims such as AC, iRacing, RRE3 <knock wood>, and PC2.

Thanks!

Will do when I get a chance, and will report back.

Thanks!
Nope - Un fortunately, that doesn't change anything.

Either ACC's VR implementation isn't ready for prime time yet, or I'm doing something wrong. If it's working for you with a WMR headset, could you spell out your exact mouse-click sequence?

Strange that ACC VR is unusable for me, but AC is fine....

Nope - Un fortunately, that doesn't change anything.

Either ACC's VR implementation isn't ready for prime time yet, or I'm doing something wrong. If it's working for you with a WMR headset, could you spell out your exact mouse-click sequence?

Strange that ACC VR is unusable for me, but AC is fine....
Not strange... Two different graphic engine....
Try to set up you basic VR again
I know that in the rift set up, you can adjust the height of the view

when i enter ACC always i need to press ctrl+spacebar to center the view, otherwise i see the menu from the back
i have the rift, don't know if with WMR is different, but as i told you can change your position with ctrl+arrows or ctrl+shift+arrows

I also have a wmr vr headset and I use these settings.

If you go into "Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config" and use notepad to change vrSettings.json you can change the type from 1 to 2,

From this

"mainMenuLayerDistance": 100,
"mainMenuLayerSize": 160,
"mainMenuLayerType": 1,
"raceMenuLayerDistance": 25,
"raceMenuLayerSize": 55,
"raceMenuLayerType": 1,
"hUDLayerDistance": 20,
"hUDLayerSize": 50,
"hUDLayerType": 1,
"spectatorScreenMode": 5

To this

"mainMenuLayerType": 2,
"raceMenuLayerType": 2,
"hUDLayerType": 2,
Then save.

All you are doing is changing the lines that end in 1 to 2.

The menus are fixed to your headset, they follow you as you move your head so seeing the edge of the menus is not easy, but it seems it's all we have at the moment.

Last edited:
I also have a wmr vr headset and I use these settings.

If you go into "Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config" and use notepad to change vrSettings.json you can change the type from 1 to 2,

From this

"mainMenuLayerType": 1,
"raceMenuLayerType": 1,
"hUDLayerType": 1,

To this

"mainMenuLayerType": 2,
"raceMenuLayerType": 2,
"hUDLayerType": 2,
Then save.

All you are doing is changing the lines that end in 1 to 2.

The menus are fixed to your headset, they follow you as you move your head so seeing the edge of the menus is not easy, but it seems it's all we have at the moment.

Ian, Thank you for this, but it made no difference in my case. :(

Ian, Thank you for this, but it made no difference in my case. :(
I had the same problem as you and a friend gave me those settings, once I changed them the menus were at eye level. Once in game (in vr) I press ctrl and space which positions you correctly in the garage, then when load into your session you should have the menus in front of you with those changed settings I posted. By changing the lines that end in 1 to 2 it moves the menus up. I have given other people the same settings and it worked for them as well.
I know it mind sound silly but when you changed the setting in notepad did you save it. You have to save it in notepad.

Last edited:
OK - Forgot to add that sometimes I get a menu screen properly centered on the headset (like right now), but it's not ACC's!

Across the Center (Left to Right) it shows Web, Store, Library, Community and Chat. It LOOKS like it's some SteamVR screen. Along the bottom, it has Steam, Desktop and Settings, then the time and a Volume slider. However it's all locked up. I can't click, scroll or close it down without a CTRL-ALT-DELETE.

????

OK - Forgot to add that sometimes I get a menu screen properly centered on the headset (like right now), but it's not ACC's!

Across the Center (Left to Right) it shows Web, Store, Library, Community and Chat. It LOOKS like it's some SteamVR screen. Along the bottom, it has Steam, Desktop and Settings, then the time and a Volume slider. However it's all locked up. I can't click, scroll or close it down without a CTRL-ALT-DELETE.

????
How are you starting acc in vr. The commas are right. It should look exactly as I posted.

Last edited:
How are you starting acc in vr. The commas are right. It should look exactly as I posted.
I've tried all kinds of ways to start up ACC in VR, but basically it's this:

1. Open Steam
2. Click on "VR" to start "SteamVR". (This opens Windows 10"s "Cliff House".) Note: SteamVR often shows as "Not Ready" at this point. If so, I close it down, which leaves me at the "Cliff House".
3. I click Windows+Y to return control to the Desktop. From there I minimize the "CliffHouse".
4. That allows me access to Steam again. So, I right-click on ACC and choose ACC VR and end up inside the ceiling of the Blancpain GT garage from where I can look way down and see the (but not access) the ACC menu. (I'm in the garage ceiling both on my headset AND on my monitor.)
5. Because I'm stuck at this point (I can't click on anything), I CTRL-ALT-DELETE, but that won't even reveal the Task Manager. (It's there, I think, but hidden) .
6. So, I shut down/re-start the computer.

Am I skipping a step or doing something out of sequence?

I can't explain how I get to the other screen that I talk about in the post above this. It's seemingly random as I've only been there twice.

How are you starting ACC in VR?

Thanks!

I've tried all kinds of ways to start up ACC in VR, but basically it's this:

1. Open Steam
2. Click on "VR" to start "SteamVR". (This opens Windows 10"s "Cliff House".) Note: SteamVR often shows as "Not Ready" at this point. If so, I close it down, which leaves me at the "Cliff House".
3. I click Windows+Y to return control to the Desktop. From there I minimize the "CliffHouse".
4. That allows me access to Steam again. So, I right-click on ACC and choose ACC VR and end up inside the ceiling of the Blancpain GT garage from where I can look way down and see the (but not access) the ACC menu. (I'm in the garage ceiling both on my headset AND on my monitor.)
5. Because I'm stuck at this point (I can't click on anything), I CTRL-ALT-DELETE, but that won't even reveal the Task Manager. (It's there, I think, but hidden) .
6. So, I shut down/re-start the computer.

Am I skipping a step or doing something out of sequence?

I can't explain how I get to the other screen that I talk about in the post above this. It's seemingly random as I've only been there twice.

How are you starting ACC in VR?

Thanks!
Unplug your vr headset and if wmr portal is open close it.
Reconnect your vr headset
Do not put your headset on yet
Wmr portal should open up
Open steam and go to library
Right click on acc and click on start in vr, I think it is the second line down
Steam vr box will open at bottom of screen with a exe file name in red, wait for it to turn green then put your headset on and game will load. Once your in the garage Flick your viser up to press ctrl and space which will bring you down to the bottom of the garage. Then continue to race, once there if you have raised up again press ctrl and space again.
You should have your menus at face level to do all of your settings, but they will move with your headset until we have a further vr patch.

don't forget that in VR the mouse is not working, you need to enter the game in monitor mode and assigne the buttons to move through the menus

Yes, I have direct mode disabled in Steam vr settings and all my buttons assigned, I'm assuming @newbert has the same. I am trying to explain to him the config settings to get the menus in game at eye level with a wmr vr headset.
The settings I posted above work but Newbert seems to be having difficulties.
I have no problems with my headset with those settings.

Unplug your vr headset and if wmr portal is open close it.
Reconnect your vr headset
Do not put your headset on yet
Wmr portal should open up
Open steam and go to library
Right click on acc and click on start in vr, I think it is the second line down
Steam vr box will open at bottom of screen with a exe file name in red, wait for it to turn green then put your headset on and game will load. Once your in the garage Flick your viser up to press ctrl and space which will bring you down to the bottom of the garage. Then continue to race, once there if you have raised up again press ctrl and space again.
You should have your menus at face level to do all of your settings, but they will move with your headset until we have a further vr patch.

I followed your steps to the letter and now I don't see the menu screen at all, but I'm a bit "lower" in the garage. :( (Note: I got an update to ACC before following your steps.)

I highlighted 2 items above - First, The SteamVR box I see, that eventually turns green, is in the center of my screen, not the bottom (I'm not sure whether that's related to my problem or not...). And pressing ctrl and space only centers the garage. It doesn't bring me to the bottom - I'd say I'm hovering about halfway between floor and ceiling as a result.

I've tried your suggested steps twice. First time, ACC downloaded an update and I did get the menu screen, but it was still "below" me, just not as far down. Then I forced a restart and tried your steps again. This time, I got no menu screen at all. In each case, ctrl-space just centers the garage with no effect on the menu situation.

I appreciate your trying to help me, but I'm about to give up and just play ACC in single screen. Maybe the next major update will solve my problem. One can only hope...

Thanks.

I followed your steps to the letter and now I don't see the menu screen at all, but I'm a bit "lower" in the garage. :( (Note: I got an update to ACC before following your steps.)

I highlighted 2 items above - First, The SteamVR box I see, that eventually turns green, is in the center of my screen, not the bottom (I'm not sure whether that's related to my problem or not...). And pressing ctrl and space only centers the garage. It doesn't bring me to the bottom - I'd say I'm hovering about halfway between floor and ceiling as a result.

I've tried your suggested steps twice. First time, ACC downloaded an update and I did get the menu screen, but it was still "below" me, just not as far down. Then I forced a restart and tried your steps again. This time, I got no menu screen at all. In each case, ctrl-space just centers the garage with no effect on the menu situation.

I appreciate your trying to help me, but I'm about to give up and just play ACC in single screen. Maybe the next major update will solve my problem. One can only hope...

Thanks.

On my screen the steam vr box is on the bottom of the screen, strange why yours is not. When the steam vr box is on screen click the steam vr tab and it will open a menu, scroll down to developer and click it, part way down you have direct mode, click on disable direct mode then close the box. See if that works.
If not then yes you might have to wait for a further update.

But these are the settings that I use and have no problems with it, so I cannot understand how it works with mine and not yours.
Anyhow good luck with it and hope you can sort it out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back