Need help please.

Hi, I am an extremely passionate F1 fan who was hoping to be at Spa for the Grand Prix next weekend but unfortunately due to certain circumstances I couldn't make it. So what I've been trying to do is work out ways I can improve my TV viewing experience to make it somewhat comparable so I can compensate for the frustrations of not being able to find a way I can go.

The thing is that is quite hard if I am having to rely on a broadcaster (Sky F1) that completely shuts you off from the atmosphere. The main issue I have is during the races they almost completely mute out the crowd noise however that can be compensated by turning up the volume and also the fact that this race happens to be on Channel 4 who do a much better job of conveying the atmosphere there and giving you an experience slightly comparable to being there. I also love watching all the support races (especially F2 and GP3) and I want to stay connected to the atmosphere for the entire weekend, but only Sky show them and they CBA to do round the clock coverage on a dedicated channel, and instead show reruns of things they have shown many times before rather than showing proper build up to those races and only switch back to the track like 5 mins before those races get underway which I find ridiculous. They also don't show any of the pre-race track activities, such as the two seater and the Mick Schumacher parade is taking place outside of Sky's F1 programme so they won't show that either, which is so utterly stupid. They also don't show the GP3 practice or the Porsche Supercup practice and qualifying sessions. Is there any livestream/broadcaster that are going to show all those activities/have coverage in between the races, and if not, what is the best way to still feel connected to the atmosphere with an experience comparible to being there even without any coverage from the track? What would you do in my situation?

Something I am going to end this on is Sky need to improve their coverage. When they first came in they were good but there has been no progression on their part since the channel was launched. If they actually showed something legitimate in place of what I say they should show rather than a rerun of something that has been shown like 5,000 times before, then it would be more or less acceptable. But on a dedicated channel, there is no reason why they can't do round the clock coverage showing all the track action from the day like MotoGP and BTCC can on channels that aren't even dedicated. F1 has a dedicated channel but they don't make use of it.

Many thanks for your help.

Guys I really do need some help. I may be coming across spoilt here but the reasons for not being able to make Spa are reasons I find annoying, especially as it isnt money related. When there is action happening its gonna be fine, but when Sky aren't showing anything, the fact I'm not even watching anything will remind me that I am not there and will be painful. So what would you do in this situation? What is the best thing to do to create some form of atmosphere when Sky are not showing anything when I am by my self? Or is there any stream of round the clock coverage available anywhere so I can still maintain a sense of the atmosphere?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back