Need help on the track

just brake early.. esp in open wheelers leave yourself some gap to have an enough braking distance..
if you are running online races with other guys.. and if you are stuck behind a guy... try to learning his braking pattern and see where he actually brakes.. but that will come with experience..
for a beginning, just brake early..

Also Andrew take note of your control settings. Is your brake sensitivity turned up high, because that will cause too much braking to point you will lock up when you don't want leading you to possibly slide into your opponent. just a thought. I used to have my sensitivity high then i turned it down to 20% and wow did it make a difference.

Also Andrew take note of your control settings. Is your brake sensitivity turned up high, because that will cause too much braking to point you will lock up when you don't want leading you to possibly slide into your opponent. just a thought. I used to have my sensitivity high then i turned it down to 20% and wow did it make a difference.

Thanx for the info nut i am not sure where that section is in the settings? Unless you are on about the RATES section which i have been informed that that section is for the hand controllers and not for the wheels, i do own a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel.

Thanx Andy

Thanx for the info nut i am not sure where that section is in the settings? Unless you are on about the RATES section which i have been informed that that section is for the hand controllers and not for the wheels, i do own a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel.

Thanx Andy
Rates is for wheels. the one next to mapping in settings. The one for controllers is the two that say Controller 1 and Controller 2. I use Rates for my G27 and My DFGT. I can also use Rates for my Thrustmaster Ferrari Scuderia hand controller because it has a optical wheel built around the directional pad.

thanx for that Hiroshi, so i have been misinformed!! in the Rates section the setting are all the default settings, so as i am a noob at this can i ask other than the braking to be moved to 20%, What other setting do i need to move and what would u suggest?
As i would like to have the right settings for the game!!

Thanx Andy

If you look at Sub Forums just above your thread you will see RFactor Setups. Have a look in there. I'am quite new to sim racing myself and i turned my sensitivity down from advise from someone else from this site.I was making same mistake as you hitting other cars and for me it was because I was locking up too soon. It would be better for you if you took advise from lets the "Pro's" on this site.

Here's something that kind of helps me to anticipate the breaking point of a driver in front of me. When in doubt I put my left foot just before the actual breaking zone slightly on to the brake (to the point they're starting to grab) while keeping my right foot on the throttle just like I'm driving at my regular pace. As soon as I see the braking lights coming up in front I release the throttle and quickly increase the pressure onto the brakes by gradually pressing the brake pedal until I match the speed of the car in front.

Also take note that when you're going a bit slower into a turn then your opponent, you might get the opportunity to catch him on the next straight if you're lucky enough to gain a advantage towards your opponent, for example if you're able to accelerate faster. Overtaking somebody at the exit of a turn is a lot safer then dive-bombing into the entry of a turn while forcing another driver to make room, if he even noticed you while you're at it and considers your harsh attempt of a pass. The latter form of of a pass isn't very gentleman like I guess, not to speak of a reckless driving manoeuvre that puts much at risk.

To follow a possible slow driver in front for one or more laps in order to understand where the ideal spots for a clean pass may be has proven to be very helpful too, at least for me.

And last but not least there's one important thing I have learned while racing online, that's staying out of close battles between two (or more) cars in front of me. Getting involved into such situations just doubles the risk of getting jostled, damaged, or being taken out of the race.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.1%