Need Force Feedback help; searched everywhere. Many seconds delay, wheel jerks left/right, like there's a 3 second delay on any feedback effect.

I've rebought GTR2, and have installed all of the mods and have it running, but my Fanatec 2.5 isn't having any of the force feedback "joys" anyone is talking about.

Load in, HQ vehicle, and if I hit a wall say... there should be an effect.
Sometimes there is, and IF there is, it's wrist-snapping of an effect 3+ seconds AFTER the fact.

Yet I find people talking about super fine detail feelings like going over rumble strips etc.
Not only do I not get that even with whatever this god awful delay is, it almost seems as though nobody anywhere talks about whatever this issue I'm running into.

I found one single post on another forum still alive, and they just turned FF off to "fix" it.

I feel like I'm missing something, but I've read, and re-read just about everything involving FF in GTR2 and minus the one other person experiencing this super weird delay effect... that was it, with no resolve.
Any help would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure Fanatecs are as well supported in GTR2 as any other wheel...

Go into the in-game settings for force feedback and make sure you've selected I think it's "Wheel" for force feedback effects. You might want to try "G25", etc. just to see if it does anything.

Have you tried these settings? -->

Tried everything; all of the presets, literally all of the common PLRs I've run into, and just keep seeing the "wow these are great!" but... What I'm feeling is... far from great, and not entirely sure what's wrong.

I've even fully replaced the PLR files and there's no change.

Even in the settings menu in-game I see rumble strip settings and stuff like that, but jacking those up the entire way and... I still feel nothing.

Something I did notice; my pedals were getting decent FFB... so is it possible the FFB is... being directed into my pedals and not my wheel??

I've run into your posts everywhere Shovas lol, thanks for being an awesome part of this longstanding community!
I never owned GTR2 when it was released, I was too young and had no money, only had Live for Speed, and after all these years have been wanting to check it out, and I'd hate to not get to experience what this game offered!

Last edited:
Update, so something interesting; just launched the game because someone somewhere said DONT USE THE STEAM VERSION! Copy it and then do the stuff.

Launched the steam version after setting it into compatibility with WindowsXP mode and... things feel... correct.

So I'm going to rebuild that second folder from scratch and start all over again, because I think something didn't get produced and that's what's happened, I think something is corrupt.

Ya could totally be assignments. Make sure your wheel axes are getting assigned to steering.

I only recently started playing GTR2 like in the last few years but I love it it's a great game and totally open for modding. Endless possibilities.

Welp, I think I found the problem; it seems to be tied to the HQ tracks, and also possibly HQ cars, I can't figure out what exactly but right after that last message things seemed to be working relatively... perfectly, no weird lag and stuff etc.

Just reinstalled the HQ mods and................ that weird delay situation came right back. Running the non-HQ stuff wasn't as bad but still semi-existed. I could actually feel more than just the hard jerks, but, the weird 3+ second delay hard pull in some direction after a turn would remain.

Guess I'll have to keep fiddling with this tomorrow.
Things were looking promising for a second!

I wonder if using a Process Manager might not solve this kind of problem ... Process Lasso or Bill2's Process Manager.
I personally use the 2nd one for a rather long time .... without any problem.
I just have a Fanatec V3 Inverted pedal set ( with a T300RS wheel ) but I'm nearly sure that Fanatec wheel is not the problem for such a problem you described.

Yeah the reversing is enabled, and when it feels right... it feels right!

I reset everything [again], and just installed the anniversary patch, and no the HQ stuff and going to fiddle around with it more tonight.

I feel like I'm getting closer to resolving the issue lol, but probably not!

Essentially what it feels like is literally just driving along, no force in any direction, turn in, and say, 3/4 or all the way out of the turn you get a heavy feedback, with no feeling in it whether you go over curbs or not. Once back on the straight a few seconds later, it will balance back out.
But there's no feedback for curbs, bumps, grass, offroad... literally just pulls to left/right, it's VERY strange.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back