Need for Speed: Undercover

• Andrew Dawes

I was a huge fan of NFS growing up.
Started with NFS SE
Then: NFS II SE, NFS III Hot Pusuit, NFS High Stakes all for PC
Then NFS Underground 2 for Playstation 2.

I played this at the store for 2 mnis and went blah - its the same thing as all the recent other games. It did seem to have a good selection of cars but after Testdrive unlimited i just don't see what this offers. I'm still happy that these games are successful because it means in the future someone will eventually bring out the next generation (which Testdrive Unlimited was for me) which will bring hours of enjoyment.

Shoot me in the head, but i actually enjoy it.
With regards racing, its good help with keeping the reaction times down whilst driving. It keeps you on your toes and might help with the proper sim racing. I know its the same old thing, just with some new cars, but i like it.
Its not a sim, its a arcade game

• Andreas Mortensen

I for some reason bought this game just to have a laugh once in a while (not always go for the magic lap) and i must say it is by FAR the worst money spend ever.

I couldn't setup up my wheel or pedals so i was reduced to drive around with the keyboard no fun at all after 1 hour of play and trying to fix the joystick stuff i deleted the game and decided never ever to buy a EA game again.

I agree with Dave, great for a bit of mindless arcade frantic action, but I also found that with each release in this series the code is getting less and less optimised for PC hardware/codebase. I installed undercover and it was really jerky even with a q6600/8800gt combo. Maybe I just didn't give it enough tweak time...

TBH, the last NFS I really enjoyed was Porsche 2000. But then I suppose I started proper sim racing about that time and never looked back.

• Hayden Walker

it is rubbish i got it at xmas £40 and about 14 races im already at eh 48% complete there hasnt been a good need for speed since most wanted or undercover 2 they were brilliant.

i will not be buying ea next crap nfs as the last 2 have been absolutley terrible

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 500 39.1%