Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

I've gone off NFS, last games have been a disaster - online has been bad and the story mode can be completed in a week, I think I'll give this one a miss - although it does look fun :)

I can't tell you how much i miss the feeling of the good old NFS 1 (i had the special edition).

Feeling like on real (narrow!) roads, with real traffic, where you had to think twice if you dare to overtake before a crest or if you wait untill your over it. The cars had nice cockpits (at this time) and felt realy different. It was the first time i used a none FFB wheel (Thrustmaster T2).

Now it's all arcadish pedal to the metal and that's it. On much too wide roads of course, where it doesn't matter if you're going on the road or off the track. Shame on that...

The demo has been release on XBox Live for Gold Members and I understand, it will only be available till the 9th November 2010.

It is meant to being release on PSN Network as well but not sure if it today or tomorrow.

Is anyone getting this, I currently have it pre-ordered.

PS. Sorry if it possible in the area.

From the winding coastal roads to the wide, high-speed freeways , Seacrest County is the perfect place to get your fix for high-speed racing (or chasing) action. The diverse locales -- coast, desert, forest, and mountain -- each bring unique opportunities and challenges for racers on both sides of the law. Get familiar with the beautiful scenery, the major routes and the many hidden shortcuts in Seacrest County before you put your ride on the line in any pursuits.

According to GameSpy:

It looks like Criterion and Electronic Arts have a potential blockbuster on their hands. The developer and publisher announced today that more than 2 million players downloaded the demo for upcoming racer/chaser Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

From what I've played of the demo on PS3 (limited to 3 road cars - Nissan, BMW and Porsche and the 2 Police Cars) this is going to be a blast.

It looks like the guys from Criterion have got NFS back to its roots. Roll on next week.

After Undercover i'm disinclined to buy this a demo may have changed my mind the other way.

seriously Willie, that game was awful. The cars and graphics were worse than previous games, and the actual driving physics were nonexistent. I was actually kind of mad that I wasted my money on that one, and it makes me angry every time I see it in my steam que as "uninstalled".

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.5%