Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Electronic Arts have confirmed the next game of the long running Need for Speed series will be called HEAT - and arrives this November 8th.

Set to release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC, the long running Need for Speed game franchise moves to the fictional Palm City location, a venue with a distinctly 80's vibe as players once again take on the law in a range of licenced, high performance supercars.

With the usual highly impressive graphics that have become synonymous with the game series, HEAT looks set to be a bigger, bolder, and more dramatic than ever before...

.………….

Hustle by day and risk it all at night in Need for Speed™ Heat, a white-knuckle street racer, where the lines of the law fade as the sun starts to set. By day, Palm City hosts the Speedhunter Showdown, a sanctioned competition where you earn Bank to customize and upgrade your high-performance cars. At night, ramp up the intensity in illicit street races that build your reputation, getting you access to bigger races and better parts. But stay ready – cops are waiting and not all of them play fair.

Deluxe Edition Pre-Order Bonuses

• K.S Edition starter car
  • Three additional K.S Edition cars unlocked through progression
  • Four exclusive character outfits
  • REP boost
  • Bank boost

Need for Speed Heat.jpg

Need for Speed HEAT will release on console and PC this November 8th.

For the latest and greatest news from this upcoming new game, stay tuned for our new Need for Speed HEAT sub forum, and get yourself involved with the community today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

the trailer does look pretty dope but the problem is once again, this games is developed by ghost games and imo theyre not capable of creating decent racing games. they do the check-list EA gives them and not much more. i heavily disliked the physics model they had in the nfs 2015 game, i could not play rivals because of the 30fps cap, havent played payback yet. i mean i want to like these games, im not one of the guys who desperately wants a underground/most wanted rework, but theres not much to those games. whatever happened to criterion after the 2012 most wanted, ea did a major mistake not keeping that team happy and going. 10 years have past since burnout paradise was released and its still in my top 3 of best arcade racers in the past 10 years, just let that sink in. id love this game to be good tho but chances are, it wont. perhaps aimed at a more casual audience anyway

I wish the new NFS would have enough depth to be fun with a wheel. Arcade of course, but arcade physics can be entertaining with a wheel too, for example Wreckfest. Escaping challenging cops with Wreckfest level of physics would be fun AF

Judging by the previous NFS games, it will not reach that

Last edited:
Horrible, people compare this to Underground and MostWanted.... but this is totally Fast and The Furious 9 sh"t. NFS Underground 1+2 was about illegal street race at night to earn money and tune the car, making yourself the best driver and the idol, the owner of the streets, at least those days Tuning was actually good looking and it totally worth the hours spend on playing the game, but today horrible tuning that is only "Stance + WideBody" is killing the franchise really fast, Pandem/Rocketbunny style is awful.
Most Wanted 2005 had a story where the protagonist was an "amazing" street driver that comes from other cities being the king but he was the Most Wanted driver of all (kind off) altogether with other 15 guys (the blacklist), police arrest you and leave you free because there was no evidence, you get back to the street because you lost your car and start from 0 to get your Reputation back in the Illegal Racing world, the sound was great, the environment was great, the Tuning was really good, it was pretty much what all people wanted to see and play, and that's why Underground 1-2/MW 2005 are the best NFS for everyone, altogether with NFS Carbon + ProStreet.
This new NFS looks horrible.

So far it looks better than all the NFS released since Hot pursuit 2010, I'm excited. No loot boxes or speed cards confirmed as well.

Hmmm...douchebag narrative, douchebag cars, douchebag music, douchebag characters, douchebag setting, douchebag colour palette..

I'm definitely too old.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 140 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing