Need advice on T300 RS GT.

G4ndY

Underground pro gamer
So i went ahead and upgraded from my Logitech DFGT finally, went and bought a T300 RS GT wheel+pedals. The first thing i noticed was the very poor clamp on the T300, im not saying the DFGT is excellent in this aspect but the T300 keeps sliding a little every now and then. No matter how hard i tighten it.

I have actually already after only 1 week tightened it to hard so the plastic around the tightening bolt has broke......And it was still moving around a little after a while racing. And i read that the force feedback was supposed to be "excellent" especially compared to the DFGT, but i kinda disagree sadly. I cant feel curbs and stuff at all in any games, it is as if the "small" bumps isnt there at all on this wheel.

Is there some replacement clamp that is better? Or do i have to buy the same piece of ****(pardon my french) as the old one? And maybe there is some trick to the force feedback that i aint aware of?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200915_115107.jpg
    IMG_20200915_115107.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 353
I can´t comment on the clamp as i never used with my T300, its hardmounted with two bolts to the rig.
If you have any possibilty at all i would use this method to mount the wheelbase.
I myself could live with boltholes in my desk, but not with a moving wheelbase.

Concerning the FFB, thats highly adjustable with a chance of grave misadjusting.
Im not that good in this department either, so i tried several settings i found per google search.
Its quite importantant not to clip, so if your sim has a FFB monitor put it up to whatch for clipping.
Espacialy the slip setting "uses" a lot of force and could drown out the finer points of the road surface.

Good luck and success

Carsten

Upvote 0
I can´t comment on the clamp as i never used with my T300, its hardmounted with two bolts to the rig.
If you have any possibilty at all i would use this method to mount the wheelbase.
I myself could live with boltholes in my desk, but not with a moving wheelbase.

Concerning the FFB, thats highly adjustable with a chance of grave misadjusting.
Im not that good in this department either, so i tried several settings i found per google search.
Its quite importantant not to clip, so if your sim has a FFB monitor put it up to whatch for clipping.
Espacialy the slip setting "uses" a lot of force and could drown out the finer points of the road surface.

Good luck and success

Carsten
Thank you for the reply, i might actually drill holes into my desk. Its just so annoying that they use this bad camping system. But thanks, i will drill holes :p. And about the ffb clip, i will have to research it some more and look into if it is clipping. Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You definitely have to dial settings in for T300. I dialed in FFB for my T300 (near 100% gain) and could definitely feel curbs, bumps, way way better than with my G29. I don't use the T300 anymore now that I moved up to Fanatec and now DD, but I remember it distinctly being better than the G29.

Upvote 0
Is there some replacement clamp that is better? Or do i have to buy the same piece of ****(pardon my french) as the old one? And maybe there is some trick to the force feedback that i aint aware of?

As stigs2cousin said, hard-mounting it is the best solution. However, if you don’t have a rig or a wheel stand, consider screwing it to a piece of hardboard or MDF and use a couple of woodworking clamps to hold it on your desk. If it still slides around, use a piece of thin non-slip matting under the board.

And i read that the force feedback was supposed to be "excellent" especially compared to the DFGT, but i kinda disagree sadly.

I also upgraded from a DFGT to a T300 and found the FFB significantly better but you need to spend the time finding the right settings for you. I would advise using the “forced cooling” setting in the latest firmware (rather than automatic) to prevent the wheel dialling down the FFB as it warms up.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing