Need advice: Motedis' floor elements

I'm about to place my order of 45x45 and 45x90 profiles for my cockpit. I also have chosen the rest of accesories, but I'm not sure about what to choose for its legs. I do not need much height increase. 2 cm would be right. However, I need something that is strong enough, with a decent diameter, since I will move my cockpit sliding it across my room's floor (just a couple of meters) every time I want to play in front of my monitor. I've been looking at the Motedis' catalog but I'm not sure what to choose. What about these? Do you know if they are solid or are they just an empty shell? I have also looked for "m8 legs" in Amazon and I have found many models. I don't really need level adjustment because my floor is already leveled and of course I don't need swivel adjustment (it's a flat surface).

Agree with the above,

Some other options and ideas:

These work quite well:
https://www.motedis.co.uk/shop/Mech...astic/Adjustable-leveling-foot::99999135.html

If you are using a bass shaker however you'll want the simlab rubber feet, or something like the below otherwise the entire room is going to shake or create a lot of noise:
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/prod...-MpNOpS750crXLeqBh8aAqFoEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
have to cut the bolts down a bit.

However extruded aluminium rigs can end up being very heavy (simlab P1 is 55kg on its own!) especially if you attach the monitor direct monitors are 2-3 KG each, a Mige OSW motor (11kg) steel framed car seat (19kg), HE sprint pedals probs about 5kg etc etc, could end up being 100kg in total, so they become quite difficult to move on your own. With my health and safety hat on you should not be lifting anything more than 20 kg, 40 absolute max if you are strong and know what you are doing. Rubber feet will mean you cannot slide it, If you shimmy one side at a time, its going to be 50kg lift each side, not a good idea. So would recommend looking into 4x trolley wheels with brakes and save your back pain for something else.

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/sim-la...WsyObCEbnrDu9h3CKpoaAhQDEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

or

https://www.motedis.co.uk/shop/Mech...-hole-2x-with-2x-without-brake::99999396.html

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Wheels... no way. They may be practical but rigs with wheels look terrible. I would use felt or any kind of slippery material or slip pads under the legs. That's what I have now under my wooden rig and I can move it without much effort, even when it must be more than 200 kg. When I say move I mean, push and slide, not lifting my rig, obviosuly. That's why I need strong legs.

Upvote 0
Ok so assume its on a hard smooth floor then? That's probably fine.

You could fit additional beams front and back set higher up than the base to fit wheels to, set them inbound so they are not visible from the outside, but fair enough, each to his own. these are just ideas.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's a smooth slab floor.

And yes, I have 4 shakers screwed to my fiber bucket seat (working with Simvibe).

What are these kind of little anti-vibrations legs? I think they are called silentblocks and are used for washing machines, air conditioning machines or any other kind of structure that may transfer vibrations to the floor. But, how are they made? Are they a solid block of metal with a machine screw and with a rubber cover? I have seen some photos that show that the rubber is only on the sides, so what is the point if the base is metal in contact with the floor?

0663fb8c5fd7269ee5214cc59487d6b9.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are two versions the ones you post have a bolt at one end and a nut at the other. They are not connected only rubber in between so isolate the two connections. The ones with just the bolt make more sense unless you want to attach an additional adjustable foot to the base of those, not worth doing as the weight of the rig will compress them anyway.

These are what i've got on my rig, work well with a bass shaker. Though i can't move the rig easily takes a lot of stress and effort, far too heavy even on the smooth floor to do it regularly but don't need to so no problem.

Upvote 0
Wheels... no way. They may be practical but rigs with wheels look terrible. I would use felt or any kind of slippery material or slip pads under the legs. That's what I have now under my wooden rig and I can move it without much effort, even when it must be more than 200 kg. When I say move I mean, push and slide, not lifting my rig, obviosuly. That's why I need strong legs.

I thought the retractable wheels complemented my rig rather well. I guess we will just have to disagree about them looking terrible.
stowed_3990.jpg

Upvote 0
You could order the feet off simlabs.eu that they send with the P1

Those feet are not meant for dragging, they are meant for it to stay put, he’d kill himself trying to move an aluminium sim rig back and forth all the time with those, even if you have something smooth under them you are going to get pretty tired of moving it like that pretty soon, just get the castor wheels, you can get ones from Sim Labs and Motedis I think that I have on my P1, nothing ugly about them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%